Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Princess for the Marine by Jess Mastorakos


Synopsis:

What happens when a side gig working security turns into a royal calamity?

My mom is clawing her way out of a massive amount of medical debt. So, in addition to being an active-duty Marine, I'm also working security for my friend's matchmaking company to help her out as much as I can.

Then one night, a gorgeous and mysterious woman needs my help evading a group of well-dressed men who are after her. I don't question it, I just get her out of there.

Then I find out she's the princess of a small country, and she wants to leave her royal duties behind.

She doesn't want to go back. I don't want to give her up. Now what?

My Review: 5 Stars!

Confession. Most of you know this, but for those who don't, the Royal trope is not my favorite. I've literally gone out of my way for the last few years to avoid it. And it's not just in books. Royal weddings? Royal Hallmark movies? Nope! That's a big negatory for me. I just can't do it. But. When a favorite author writes about Royals, you suck it up and read.

I may have been hesitant going into this book, but y'all... one of these days I'm going to learn to trust my favorite authors. They are my favorite for a reason... 😉

From the very first page, I was transported into the world of Zara and Huck. Everything around me ceased to exist and I lost all track of time as I immersed myself in their love story. And oh what a story it was! 

Zara is a Royal who wants nothing more than to leave her royal duties behind and go after her own dreams. Huck is a Marine who has taken a side gig at First Comes Love to earn extra money to help his mom pay down her medical debt. Both of them have plans that don't include the other. Little did they know, fate was about to take over their lives to make sure they get the HEA they've both been longing for but didn't know it.

Oh holy swooniness Batman! I can't even begin to tell you how much I adored this book! It's phenomenal and I had the hardest time putting it down! If ever there were two people who were absolutely perfect for each other, it would be Zara and Huck. I loved getting to know them and seeing what made them tick. They're pretty amazing as individuals but together, they're pretty extraordinary. I seriously could not get enough of these two! 

I loved seeing old friends from previous books and meeting new ones. Huck's mom and sister, Terri and Alice, were fun to get to know. I loved seeing how close the three of them were and how they welcomed Zara with open arms, no questions asked. It was as if she had been apart of their lives from the very beginning. 

I seriously love this series and I'm sad to see it end! Part of me is hoping for at least one more book. Ms. Mastorakos likes to spoil her fans so I'm hoping she'll spoil this one by giving us Zara's brother, Theo's, story. Yes, I know he's a Royal but y'all, Ms. Mastorakos has already proven she can get me to love a royal... 😉

As for my casting... I saw these two from the very beginning. I'm definitely in love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment