Friday, October 29, 2021

Conspiracy by Rebecca Deel

 

Synopsis:

When Police Chief Blair Hoffman is injured during an ambush, she’ll leave no stone unturned to find a would-be killer determined to finish the job. To unmask the culprit before he succeeds, Blair accepts the help of a Navy SEAL turned cop with a dark past and deadly skills.

Deputy Sheriff Elliot Montgomery has avoided a distracting Blair Hoffman for two years. But when someone places a target on her back, Elliot’s protective instincts override his common sense. After he becomes Blair’s personal bodyguard, the threats escalate. But Elliot never backs down from a fight. With danger looming, he’ll need every ounce of cunning and courage to save himself and the woman who refused to leave him alone in the darkness.

My Review: 4 Stars

Y'all. I don't even know where to begin with this review. It's going to be one of those that's hard to write because I don't want to give anything away!

From the moment I picked up this book, I did not want to put it down! Talk about intense and action-packed! I was sucked in from the very beginning!

Blair and Elliot have had feelings for each other for the last two years. But for reasons only known to Elliot, a relationship between the two of them just wasn't possible. But all of that changed when Blair was ambushed on the job and Elliot's protective instincts took over. Unable to hide their feelings for each other any longer, they'll have to work together to find out who's responsible for all the danger plaguing their every move. 

Guys, that's all I'm willing to say about the actual story. I am not taking an chances of accidentally divulging the entire plot. Trust me, this is something you're going to want to read and figure out on your own! 

What I can say is that I absolutely loved Blair and Elliot. These two were absolutely perfect for each other. They are fiercely loyal and protectors to the core. Their banter and flirting had me letting out little dreamy sighs throughout the book. Their chemistry was hot, hot, hot! I couldn't get enough of these two! 

Since I clearly loved this book, why only 4 stars you ask? There were several typos and grammatical errors throughout the book. I tried to ignore them but some of them were just too distracting. The other reason is the book just ended. I really hate it when that happens! There was so much focus on one particular aspect and we didn't even get to see it. I was super bummed. 

All in all, I really did love this book. I may have been hesitant going into it because the last couple of books kind of fell flat for me, but this one was a breath of fresh air. Blair and Elliot are definitely one of my favorite couples of Ms. Deel's. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting, y'all. These two are pretty dang perfect in my opinion. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment