Sunday, March 8, 2015

Werewolf Dreams by Katie Lee O'Guinn


Synopsis:

Ava Paskell is not your normal young woman. She's twice as strong as girls her age and she has a problem controlling her emotions. When her dad insists they spend the summer together in a small, strange Canadian town, she knows her life is about to change. But one of the biggest life changing moments is meeting Cyrus Carlston. The powerful bond they share from the very beginning scares her as much as it thrills her. As her life is put in danger and she gets closer an closer to the truth, one thing is clear, Ava's dreams are about to become her reality.

My Review: 5 Stars

Growing up Ava had no clue that she was a werewolf. Her father, Harry, had always taught her that she needed to control her emotions.. that nothing could ever get to her. He would always hint around that he had something important to tell her and then would chicken out before saying anything. The summer before her freshman year in college they travel up to Harry's home town of Paskell to investigate a few murders that happened in the area and to spend one last summer together before things change. And change they do!

Enter in Cyrus. Holy hotness Batman! Ava felt an instant connection with Cyrus but she had no clue why. But of course things can never be easy! Harry is NOT happy about anything Ava and Cyrus. Cyrus has an admirer who thinks that he belongs to her and threatens Ava which ticks off Harry AND Cyrus! Ava's grandfather, Titus, is an evil misogynist who wants control over everyone. And there are bullies who are trying to take after Titus. Throw in the fact that Ava finally finds out that she is a werewolf... is in a town FULL of werewolves... mysterious murders... Alpha males running around everywhere... romance... in my opinion... you have the perfect book!!

Ava and Cyrus quickly became one of my favorite couples! I know some people don't care for that instant love thing but it honestly doesn't bother me when it comes to paranormal books. No clue why.. it just doesn't! But Ava did try to fight it a little bit. There were times I just shook my head and wanted to say... what's wrong with you chica?! How can you fight it when it's Cyrus?! *dreamy sigh* I loved their banter and I loved seeing them start to get to know each other.

All in all a fun start to a fun series!! Yes... I've read it before and I know what happens but I'm still excited to read the rest of Taming the Wolf series again!! Stay tuned for the rest of my reviews!! ;)

And no... I did NOT forget the casting!! How in the world could I when I have THESE two cast!! ;) What do you think of that Cyrus... *dreamy sigh*




0 Comments:

Post a Comment