Saturday, March 28, 2015

Taken by Katie Lee O'Guinn


Synopsis:

Maysie Baptiste is settling into married life and making a place for herself in Paskell with all the other werewolves, but when Zoe and Rory M'Guire come back to town with their hybrid, Eve, it sets off an explosive chain of events. At the same time, Harry and Sam's relationship is heating up and while Harry would love to talk commitment, Sam is positive being involved with an Alpha is a one-way road to disaster. But with Spartak still hunting werewolves, love might have to wait.


My Review: 5 Stars

I have been waiting for Taken to be released ever since I finished Hunted! And I have to tell you, I was NOT disappointed! It was definitely worth the wait for me and I could not put it down!

We pick up shortly after Maysie and Gideon are married. They are enjoying life and everything is going great! And then Zoe, Rory, Poppy and Kirk return to Paskell after discovering they were being hunted by the werewolf hunters in Ireland. And all I have to say is... let the adventures begin!

First off... what in the world is going on with Zoe?! Maysie is at work, minding her own business when all the sudden Zoe turns into a crazy woman and starts accusing her of trying to steal her family. Huh?! Anyone can see that that would NEVER happen! Hello! She loves and adores Gideon and only has eyes for him! I'm thinking there is more to Zoe's story then hormones. If you have followed her from the Taming the Wolf series then you know that she didn't have the best of childhoods. I'm thinking that may have something to do with her actions in Taken. And can I just say that I am proud of Rory! He may be the Beta in their relationship but when push came to shove he definitely made the right decisions sticking up for the people that needed it the most. I'm secretly hoping that his relationship with Zoe brings out a little alpha in him! ;)

Now for Maysie and Gideon... *sigh* I love these two! They are completely perfect for each other! Gideon is extremely protective of Maysie and will NOT let anyone or anything hurt her! He also protects her innocence and I think that's one of the things I love the most about him! He lets her come to conclusions on her own and lets her tell him in her own way and time. When you read it you will know what I am talking about! It's the sweetest thing! And I think it's one of my favorite parts in this book!

And there is no way that I can forget Sam and Harry! Oh my goodness! I have been waiting for this to happen since Hunted! They both have been through a lot and they both deserve to be happy. The only problem is one of them has to convince the other that love and HEA's do exist and if anyone deserves it, it's them! Harry sure does have his work cut out for him when it comes to Sam but that's one of the things he loves about her... she's a challenge and this is one challenge that he is not stepping down from! ;)

Can we talk about the ending?! Well...not really talk about it because I refuse to spoil it! But let's just say if you add in things like werewolf hunters, kidnappings, hybrids, evil individuals that just need to disappear.. you have all the components that makes a Katie Lee O'Guinn novel amazing! And I will tell you that I want book 3 like NOW!! Can't wait to see what's going to happen next! I foresee lots of twists, turns and of course more adventures and HEA's!

And since we had so many couples I am just going to throw all my casting choices out there just because! Hehe. And yes... I have also put Ava and Cyrus into the mix because we do get to see and catch up with them in this book as well! Ok fine... I'll just admit it... I'm in love with casting! Hehe.



2 Comments:

  1. Hellloooo me thinks I need to read these books!!! Awesome review Kathy Jo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!! I absolutely LOVE this series!! It's amazing!! :)

      Delete