Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Academic Bride by Lucy McConnell


Synopsis:

Early on, Pamela Jones realized she had an unusual talent for putting two people together. Over the years, she's turned it into a successful matchmaking service for the ultra wealthy: Billionaire Marriage Brokers. While she specializes in "business" marriages -- paring people off because of their skills, education, or training -- she can spot a potential love match a mile away. When Pamela has a "good feeling" about a bride and groom - a business marriage can become so much more.

Janel Fendrick is a go-getter. Her dream of excavating a Mayan temple is within reach -- until the funding is pulled and she's left scrambling for an alternative. Pamela Jones comes along with a proposal...and a groom! Janel hesitates, until she realizes that one year of marriage is a small price to pay to have all her dreams come true. What she doesn't realize, is that she's about to get more than she ever dreamed of.

My Review: 5 Stars

The Academic Bride was such a cute book! I absolutely loved it and could not put it down!

We have our heroine, Janel, who is going to school for her PhD. Her dream is to excavate a Mayan Temple. She is so close and then the funding gets pulled and she is left trying to figure out how in the world she is going to achieve her dream now. She overhears an opportunity and decides that if she is going to make it to Guatemala then she'll need to take a chance. Little did she know exactly what she was getting herself into.

Now our hero, Nick. *dreamy sigh* He is a billionaire. He is so tired of people taking advantage of him and trying to get close to him just for his money. When he hears about Billionaire Marriage Brokers from his friend he decides to take a chance.. a wife for a year or two.. just to get people off his back and then when it's over he can really try to find the woman of his dreams. Little did he know that what he's been looking for just might be right in front of him.

I absolutely LOVED Janel and Nick! They are both strong, lovable characters. Watching them get to know one another and seeing their chemistry had me doing dreamy sighs throughout the majority of the book. Nick is such an AMAZING hero! He would do little things for her.. always looking out for her... and taking care of her when she needed it. And yes... Janel was just as AMAZING! Baking for him... being the calming presence when needed... being unlike any woman he had ever met. These two were seriously perfect for each other!

If you're looking for a cute, fun and swoon worthy book then I say check this book out! I seriously could NOT put it down! I just HAD to see Janel and Nick get their Happily Ever After! It was perfect for a Sunday read! :)

This was my very first book by Lucy McConnell and I have to tell you that after only ONE book she is on my favorite authors list! I can't wait to read more books by her and I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in this series!

And yes... I did do a casting for Janel and Nick! What do you think?! Did I do good?! ;) Hehe.

 

7 Comments:

  1. This one sounds great! Fun review and I love the casting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE it Katie!! I promise!! I read it using the Kindle Unlimited program but I am DEFINITELY buying my own copy!! :)

      Delete
  2. I grabbed this one a couple weeks ago, just waiting for a contemporary mood to hit. I've been on a dystopian kick lately. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mood has been crazy lately! Lol. I've been having such a hard time deciding what to read. I've even gone as far as grabbing random books and reading a chapter in each until one grabbed me enough to want to read more! I had 6 books going at once! Haha! I have no clue what I'm going to grab next... we shall see! ;)

      Delete
  3. I read the book before I read your review, and I agree with everything you said! I loved it!! And I'm so glad it's going to be a series! I finished it wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and your casting, spot on!!

      Delete
    2. It was an AMAZING book!! And I am SO glad you agree with my casting!! I'm always a bit nervous about posting them but it's one of my favorite things to do!! ;) Hehe.

      Delete