Thursday, January 17, 2019

Stone Silence by Taylor Dean


Synopsis:


Great big beautiful love.

Does it really exist?

Everyone tells me it does. They say, “Spencer Elliott, don’t worry, you’ll find it one day. You just have to find the right man and when you do, it will surprise the heck out of you.”

I’m still waiting for that heck of a surprise to hit. It has proven to be elusive thus far. I’m pretty sure the entire world is lying about love and the joke is on me.

I know I want a man in my heart and in my life. Unfortunately, most men immediately push my OFF button and I lose interest quickly.

Feeling pressure to prove I’m trying to find my soulmate, I finally give in and agree to a date. Huge mistake. Afterward I find myself abandoned in the middle of nowhere, in desperate need of help.

That’s when I meet Stony by chance.

He’s a silent and unsmiling man who intrigues me with his ability to keep going after life has knocked him down. Suddenly the abstract notion of love becomes tangible and within my reach. Once I experience it, I wonder how I ever lived without it.

That’s when I stay with Stony by choice.

But when Stony’s hidden past and present-day reality collide, his silence is broken. And the truth about his life nearly brings me to my knees. I can’t compete with ghosts from the past.

I refuse to fight for a man’s love. He either loves me or he doesn’t. It’s as simple and as complicated as that.

My only hope is . . . he does.

My Review: 5 Stars!

Spencer has been waiting for her big beautiful love her entire adult life. She starts to think that something is seriously wrong with her because she is repulsed by the touches of the men she has dated. She wishes that love would just hurry up and find her already. But alas, nothing. 

Until a horrible incident leaves her stranded in the middle of no where. Hours of walking in the Texas summer sun has her in need of water and facing heat exhaustion. She knows she needs to find help soon or she could very well die out in the middle of nowhere. Add in the fact that a torrential downpour is heading her way and she knows she needs to find help sooner rather than later. 

All of the sudden she hears a loud buzzing noise. She doesn't know where it's coming from but she just knows that she needs to follow that sound. She knows that this will lead her to the help she so desperately needs. 

The moment she lays eyes on Stony she knows that her life is about to change in a very big way. She feels an instant connection to him that she has never felt with anyone before. This man right here is going to change her life. 

They don't get off to the best of starts, but Stony soon comes to his senses and helps Spencer in her time of need. He nurses her back to health and has her feeling safer than she ever has in her life. But when the time comes for her to head back to her life, neither one of them are wanting to say goodbye. 

It seems fate has something special in store for these two because circumstances beyond Spencer's control and a job offer from Stony has her staying in the small town for the foreseeable future. This will allow them to get to know each other better and give them time to see where their new budding relationship will go. 

Life seems to be perfect and blissful until Stony's past comes knocking. All it takes is one moment, one look and Spencer is second guessing everything she has been feeling for Stony. Feeling blindsided she runs. She needs to get away before Stony can stop her. She's not going to make him choose between his past and his present. If she truly loves him like she knows he does, then she'll make it easy for him. She'll be the one to walk away even though it will kill her. 

But Stony refuses to let her go. He refuses to let his past get in the way of his present and his future. His future is with Spencer. He has never loved someone as much as he loves her. She looks at him and love radiates from her eyes. He would be an idiot to let her slip through his hands and he will fight to keep her in his life. He will prove his love for her and prove that she is his happily-ever-after!

*dreamy sigh* 

Oh. My. Gosh! I absolutely LOVE Stone Silence! Talk about swoony! This book is AMAZING! I was sucked in from the very beginning and found myself lost in the journey of Spencer and Stony. I laughed out loud, got teary eyed, let out little dreamy sighs and refused to put this book down until I finished it! I devoured it! 

I am definitely looking forward to the other books in this series! I can't wait to read them! 

Ms. Dean has done an amazing job making me fall in love with more of her characters! I have loved all her books I have read so far and can't wait to see where she takes us next! 

As for my casting... I saw these two from the very beginning! What do you think?!


March 2018:

Oh my gosh! I still totally LOVE this book! It is SO good! Can't wait to reread the rest of this series! *dreamy sigh*

January 2019:

This is still an AMAZING book and I still LOVE it! Definitely one of my favorite series!

2 Comments:

  1. Love this review so much! Thank you, Kathy Jo! And that casting . . . it’s sooooo perfect! I can’t stop staring at Stony. Haha. I am in love with him too!! Thanks for reading and reviewing for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.... you are so very welcome! I'm extremely happy you asked me to read it! It's SO good! And I have to tell you.. the moment Stony first appeared in the book this picture popped in my mind and I knew I just HAD to use it! I love Stony! Hehe.

      Delete