Saturday, January 19, 2019

Jailbird by Taylor Dean


Synopsis:

My hometown decided to rename me Jailbird.

Every day I silently scream out, “My name is Mia Faraday!” My time in jail does not define me. I am so much more than one heated mistake.

And yet, my slip-up weighs on me. There’s so much more to the story than anyone realizes. I must face Stony, my ex, and confess everything.

I don’t want to. I’d rather have five teeth pulled. While I’m awake. Without anesthesia.

But this is something I have to do, something I need to do. Not just for Stony. I need to do it for me. Especially for me. I can’t move forward with my life until I gain closure from the past.

When I meet Grayson Elliott, I am easily pulled into his orbit and it’s exactly where I’d love to stay. He makes me laugh and not take life so seriously. He makes me want to live again.

But I don’t love me right now, and that healing needs to come first. I’m not relationship-ready or marriage material. My mind is focused on redemption. I want it. I need it.

Besides, when Grayson hears about my colorful past, I’m sure he’ll be gone before I have time to utter the word goodbye.

After all, who could ever love a jailbird?

My Review: 5 Stars

I have to start out by saying, if you have not read Stone Silence yet then STOP reading my review! I cannot guarantee you that it won't have spoilers. I will do my best to keep them out of my review but parts of this book deals with things that happened to Stony in book one. If you are still reading, you have been warned! I will not be held responsible if anything gets ruined for you! Haha. 

Jailbird. That is what Mia's hometown has renamed her. One mistake. Just one mistake and her whole life is turned upside down. Her past has been controlling her for the last few years but enough is enough. She needs to move on and hopefully be happy again. 

But before she can, she must confess to Stony the ugly truths that have been plaguing her since the accident and ask for his forgiveness. Why, you may ask? Hasn't he already forgiven her? Yes, he has. But, you see, there is more to the story. A lot more. 

When she finally gets up enough courage to tell Stony, things don't go as planned. She clams up at the sight of him, his pregnant wife, Spencer, and their happily-ever-aftering. Add in her instant connection to Grayson, Spencer's older brother, and she's floundering to get the heck out of dodge. 

Grayson is instantly drawn to Mia. There is just something about her that has him wanting to get to know her better. But there's something that's holding her back. He doesn't know what but he can see the sadness in her eyes and he knows that she is building up walls to keep everyone out. She's no longer living, she's just existing and he knows that is not her. He knows the real Mia is in there somewhere and he will do everything in his power to breathe life and love back in to her.

However, the closer Mia and Grayson get, the more terrified Mia becomes and the more she pulls away. What will Grayson do once he finds out her past? How can he love her when she doesn't even love herself? She is filled with so much doubt that it has her running scared. But Grayson is not letting go without a fight. Will they ever be able to overcome the past and move on to their own happily-ever-after?

*dreamy sigh* 

Oh how I loved this book! Once I started reading, I just couldn't stop! It has been a LONG time since a book has kept me up WAY past my bedtime! The feels are definitely real! I found myself enthralled from beginning to end. I just could NOT put it down! I am not afraid to admit that Jailbird had me laughing out loud, crying, on the edge of my seat and letting out little dreamy sighs. 

Guys! If you have not read this series yet then you are definitely missing out! It is AMAZING! I am LOVING it! These are NOT standalones. They MUST be read in order. 

If I haven't already told you this, Ms. Dean is AMAZING! I have been sucked into every single one of her books I have ever read. She really knows how to catch and keep your attention. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting.... *dreamy sigh* I absolutely LOVE these two! <3


March 2018:

Oh. My. Gosh! 2nd time reading Jailbird and I think I loved it even more! This feels are still definitely real! I didn't want to put it down! It's AMAZING! *dreamy sigh*

January 2019:

Yep! Still amazing! *dreamy sigh* I think I fell even more in love with Grayson! 

2 Comments:

  1. I love and adore this review! Just LOVE it. You have made my release day morning a very happy one. Thanks for your amazing review, for your enthusiasm, for your support, and for being someone who spreads love and sunshine. You have certainly spread it into my life and I just want you to know how much it means to me. Thanks for loving my books and sharing your thoughts with the world!!!’ You are the best! And I love your casting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.. you are so very welcome! And thank YOU! You seriously just brightened my week with your comment! I absolutely ADORE this series! I can't wait for Shay and Jace's book! I can tell you that this series will be one I read over and over and over again! It's AMAZING! <3

      Delete