Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Secretive Wife by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

I have a famous secret, but it’s not the biggest one I keep.

From an outside view, my life would be the definition of boring. I’m married to a landscaper, albeit a very attractive one, I drive an old cheap car, and I write articles for an online magazine. So, maybe I’ve been a constant fixture on the New York Times Best Sellers list for the last few years, but no one needs to know that.

Here’s a word of advice. If you want to keep a secret, don’t tease your mother-in-law, whose life goal is to save her son from you, about what’s in your attic. Now that my famous secret is out, past acquaintances willing to do anything to get their own fifteen minutes of fame are lying to the media about me. But my biggest problem isn’t the lies in the press, it’s the truth I’m forced to face. The secret I’ve kept from everyone, even my husband, the man I love, the first person who ever made me feel like I belonged somewhere.

Now I have no other choice but to tell the truth and face my biggest fear, that Peter and I were never meant to be together and my secrets could take him away too.

My Review: 5+ Stars!

Delanie had the most unusual childhood. All she ever wanted was to fit in... to feel loved... to live a normal life. But with Cat and Ron as parents, that would never happen. It wasn't until she met Peter that she ever felt love. But with him being a Priest, they would never be able to act on their love for each other.

Peter had never met anyone like Delanie before. There was just something about her that drew him in and had him questioning what he wanted out of life. They tried to stay apart but the heart wants what the heart wants. Peter made the decision to leave the Priesthood and build a life with Delanie. He didn't make that decision lightly. He knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was his life.

For the last four years they have lived in bliss. Their love for each other growing stronger every day. The only thing that could make it better would be if Peter's mom, Sarah, liked Delanie. But she has made it painfully clear every chance she gets that she strongly disagrees with their marriage. It seems she'll stop at nothing to tear them apart.

But their blissful life is about to be turned upside down. Who would have ever thought that a last minute party at Delanie and Peter's house thrown together by his mother would reveal a secret that they had been keeping from their family. The more they try to keep everything under control, the more secrets arise. Delanie and Peter are filled with hurt, frustration, doubt, anger and defeat. They don't know who to trust, who to turn to, or where they go from here. It seems like the entire world is against them.

When Delanie is hit with the ultimate betrayal, she'll have to decide what she really wants. She knows that Peter would be better off without her but just thinking about letting him go breaks her heart and leaves her feeling like a shell of a person. But when she receives the news that her and Peter have been longing for, she doesn't know if she could ever give him up.

Delanie may not know this, but she should never under estimate a man in love. Peter may be a putz at times and might not always know the right things to say but he will fight tooth and nail to keep her in his life. He's determined to show her exactly where she belongs... show her how much he truly loves her... and show her that, when it comes to the two of them, even though the road is wrought with trials, tribulations and setbacks, love will always, always conquer all.

*dreamy sigh*

WOW! All I can say is the feels! Oh my gosh you guys! The feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels! I just can't even right now! Delanie and Peter... *sigh* Their story is SO real... SO raw... SO heart-achingly beautiful! To love each other so fiercely, so strongly, I can't even begin to describe it to you! You just HAVE to read this book! But fair warning... make sure you have a lot of tissues close by! You will most definitely need them!

I am LOVING this series! It is SO good! Both books have stayed with me long after I finish them... and I LOVE it when that happens! I can't WAIT for James and Avery's book!

Ms. Peel has definitely done it again! She's an AMAZING author! Just when I think I have found my favorite of hers, she releases a new book. I don't think I'll ever be able to pick a favorite of hers. They just keep getting better and better!

And can we please take a moment to appreciate this casting?! I saw these two from the very first chapter! I LOVE it when that happens! They're perfect in my opinion! What do you think?!


Content: Mild swearing. Mild innuendo. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment