Sunday, July 5, 2020

Moose Be Love by Jacqueline Winters



Synopsis:

He was only supposed to convince her to stay. Falling in love wasn’t part of the plan.

When Cadence Whitmore and her two sisters inherit the Sunset Ridge Lodge, their immediate plan is to sell it. They’re spread out all over the country, and not one of them is willing to move to Alaska to run an inn they haven’t visited in thirteen years.

But Cadence is the only sister who makes the mistake of visiting. The longer she’s in town—and around the kind and attractive caretaker, Ford Harris--the more she yearns to stay. Convincing her sisters to keep the lodge instead of selling it, however, might be an impossible feat.

Ford’s younger sister is the only family he has left, and he’d do anything to help make her dreams come true. It’s the single reason he agrees to the death bed wish of Patty Whitmore. If he can convince Cadence to keep the lodge, he’ll receive the money he needs to help put his sister through her dream college.

He never planned to fall in love with anyone ever again—especially not Cadence. He’s lost too many loved ones in his lifetime. Yet, he can’t deny how right they are for each other. But if she finds out the secret he’s been keeping, it might cost him everything.

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. Normally when I read a book it's because the synopsis grabbed my attention. But, that did not happen today. The whole reason I grabbed this book was because of the title. When I first saw it, it made me giggle. Before I even got to the synopsis, I took a screen shot of the cover and sent it to one of my bookish friends. I told her to keep her fingers crossed that I had found a winner. I don't know why, but I really wanted to love this book. 

From the moment I started reading, I was transported to the small town of Sunset Ridge where I spent the day. I ignored anything and everything that had to do with adulting. I couldn't even be bothered with making food. The only reason I ate breakfast was because it was popcorn and I could eat it and read at the same time. That seems to be my go to food when a book sucks me in and my body is screaming for sustenance.

I quickly fell in love with Cadence and Ford. They were fantastic characters and I found myself rooting for them from the very beginning. When they first met, they both thought they knew what they wanted. But little did they know that fate had something else in store for them. I loved watching their relationship grow from friends into something more. Neither one of them realized at first that they were what was missing in each others lives. They complimented each other and pushed each other to find what and who made them happy. They loved fiercely and would sacrifice their own happiness if it would help out another family member. These two were perfect for each other. 

And I have to give a shout out to Ed and Riggs. Y'all, those two almost stole the show. Between Ed's window licking fetish and Riggs' ninja moves, they had me guessing what in the world they would do next. I'm sure they'll keep the residents of Sunset Ridge on their toes. Haha.

This is a great start to a fun series I'm sure I'm going to love. I have the other two books already downloaded to my kindle, waiting for me to dive right in. I see sleepless nights and all day read-a-thons in my very near future.

Ms. Winters has been on my radar for a little while now and after reading this book, I'm wondering why in the world it took me so long to give her a try. I'm definitely looking forward to reading her other books and seeing what else she has in store for us. 

And y'all. Can we take a minute to admire these two? I think they are perfect! What do you think?

2 Comments:

  1. Sounds a good! That title is cute and catchie!!😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? The whole series has the same catchie titles. And I love that Ed, the moose, actually plays a part in the book! Hehe.

      Delete