Tuesday, July 7, 2020

My Favorite Moosetake by Jacqueline Winters


Synopsis:

A sous chef with her life in limbo, the Army veteran who broke her heart, and their second chance at forever.

Sous chef Tessa Whitmore has always had it all figured out, and she’s never been afraid to go after what she wants. When she’s selected to be a contestant on the reality cooking competition show Order Up: Las Vegas, it never occurs to her that she won’t take first place.

Or that she would be betrayed.

Instead of winning the chance to run her own kitchen in a highly respected chef’s restaurant, she’s booted from the competition. Disqualified for cheating, Tessa is too mortified to do anything but hide until her innocence is proven. Unannounced, she flees to Sunset Ridge to the lodge she and her sisters inherited earlier in the summer.

But everything turns sideways when she discovers Liam is back.

Army veteran Liam Davies has never stopped loving Tessa. Eight years, three deployments, and thousands of miles of distance was not enough to erase what they had. Tired of running and ready to settle down, the only thing that made sense was to move back home.

He always knew she’d come back someday. But he didn’t expect her to show up so soon after the Whitmore sisters reopened the lodge. Now that she’s back in his life, he has no plans of letting her go a second time.

But there’s something Tessa isn’t telling him. Liam’s determined to get to the bottom of it, even though the truth might destroy their second chance at happily ever after.

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. Alaska has never been on my list of places to visit. Something about the below freezing temperatures doesn't appeal to this girl. But the more time I spend in Sunset Ridge, the more I want to visit one day... as long as it's in the summertime. 

I'm not going to lie, I was a bit hesitant to start Tessa's story. The woman is stubborn, set in her ways and kind of scary. She was so focused on her career that she didn't realize, until the reality TV show, life was passing her by. She had forgotten about the 17 year old girl who not only fell in love with but planned out her entire life with the handsome Liam. She forgot about the girl who used to be close to her sisters. She forgot about the adventurous girl who knew how to live life to the fullest. She might not know how to get all of that back, but she sure is going to try. 

Liam never forgot his first and only love. Making the decision to join the Army so Tessa could live out her dream was one of the hardest decisions he has ever made. But he knew it was the right one. He didn't want her to resent him later on in life. He knew, if it was meant to be, fate would bring them back together one day. When he heard that the Whitmore girls had reopened the lodge after their aunt's death, he knew it was time to put his plan into action. The man pulled out all the stops and didn't spare any expense when it came to winning back the woman he loves. 

*dreamy sigh*

My advice? Grab some chocolate, curl up in your comfy reading spot and let yourself be transported to Sunset Ridge Lodge. This was a fun one! I can't wait to read it again. 

And I just have to say... gotta love that Ed! He made their first meeting in 13 years very memorable. If fate was an animal, it would be Ed the moose! Haha. And Raven! I loved that sweet girl! I've never owned a dog because I am not a poop picking up kind of person but I wanted her to snuggle up to me while I was reading. I'm hoping that we get to meet more dogs in this series. 

Y'all, I absolutely adored this book. It was a great addition to this series. I loved seeing old characters and meeting new ones. I can't wait to read Sophie and Denver's book next! I have a feeling theirs is going to be my favorite of the series.

After only reading two books, Ms. Winters has joined my autobuy list. I'm really looking forward to reading her other books. And I'm still wondering why it took me so long to read them. Silver lining? I now have several of them to read!

And no review of mine would be complete without my casting. What do you think? Personally? I think they're perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment