Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Anonymoosely Yours by Jacqueline Winters


Synopsis:

A single mom putting her life back together after an unexpected divorce, an Army veteran who’s secretly been in love with her, and the decision that risks their friendship in the pursuit of more.

Sophie Whitmore fled with her daughter Caroline to Sunset Ridge, Alaska months after her now ex-husband left her for another woman. She’s worked hard to rebuild her life in the new town alongside her sisters, running a lodge the three inherited more than a year ago.

Her priorities are clear: provide Caroline a real home, run a marathon, and learn to embrace whatever life throws at her on her own. She relied on a man once before—she won’t risk making that mistake twice. That last one would be a whole lot easier to stick to if she wasn’t starting to feel … more for her best friend, Denver.

Army veteran Denver Grant moved back to his hometown a year ago after giving up on finding love. His plan to settle into a quiet routine and focus on his increasingly popular mystery writing career was thrown the day he met Sophie.

He accepted her friendship and kept his growing love for her a secret as he waited for her heart to heal. But he’s waited long enough. He wants more. He devises a plan to a plan to play Sophie’s secret admirer, testing the waters before he lays it all on the line.

But love doesn’t follow any plan.

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. Single parent is one of my all time favorite tropes. I've talked to a few friends who aren't as crazy about them as I am and I've come to the conclusion that it's because I'm single with no kids. But I AM a proud auntie of 18 nieces and nephews. This girl right here is truly blessed! 

For five years, Sophie's life was ruled by her ex-husband. If it didn't fit he's needs, she wasn't allowed to do it. He changed her from the person she was to the person he needed her to be at the time he needed her to be it. She was miserable and the only bright spot was her daughter, Caroline. Divorcing her ex-husband and moving to Alaska to help run the lodge was the best thing for Sophie. She's finally able to start over and become the person she wants to be. 

From the moment Denver laid eyes on Sophie, it was love at first sight and he knew that she would be his wife some day. The problem? Her ex did a number on her and she's more skittish than a baby colt. He knows he'll need to take things slow but he's up for the challenge. After all, friendship helps build a solid foundation for a relationship. He's determined to help her figure out who she is and help her realize how great they can be together.  

While I have been dying to read Sophie and Denver's story, I'm not going to lie, it was a bit slow going for me. I totally understood why it was so hard for Sophie to move forward and start living again, but it also broke my heart because she had an amazing man standing right in front of her. The further along in the story I got, the more I loved it. Sophie and Denver were perfect for each other. And I absolutely adored his relationship with Caroline. He seemed to know his girls better than their own family did. I loved watching their story unfold. 

In case you're wondering, I'm still loving Sunset Ridge. It has been such a fun escape from reality. I still love Ed and was introduced to Sherlock, Denver's dog. He's the perfect companion for a mystery writer. And he get's bonus points for loving Caroline as much as Denver does. 

I was excited to discover that this series isn't over yet. But I'm scared to read the next book. Why? Because it's Ryder's book. Who's Ryder, you ask? He's Denver's super grumpy younger brother. And when I say grumpy, I mean GRUMPY! I have a feeling it's going to take A LOT for our heroine to win this man over! I'm calling it right now. He's going to be puddy in her hands and he won't like it one bit. 

I'm so glad that I finally gave Ms. Winters a chance. I have been loving her books! I'm looking forward to reading more by her! 

As for my casting, I'm in love! These two are perfect! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment