Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Hidden Gems


Welcome to Hidden Gems hosted by KJ's Book Nook! Once a month I'll feature a new to me author that I've discovered and fell in love with their books. I'll share the author's bio, one of my favorite books of theirs and a review.

For this month's Hidden Gems I am going to choose...



Jacqueline Winters has been writing since she was nine when she'd sneak stacks of paper from her grandma's closet and fill them with adventure. She grew up in Small-Town Nebraska, and spent a decade living in beautiful Alaska. She writes contemporary sweet romances and contemporary romantic suspense.

She's a sucker for happily ever after's, has a sweet tooth that can be sated with cupcakes, and firmly believes sangria was possibly the best invention ever. On a relaxing evening, you can find her at her computer writing her next novel with her dog poking his adorable head out from beneath the desk.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I've had Jacqueline Winters on my radar for awhile now. But for some reason or another I just never gave her a try. While looking for small town romances, her Sunset Ridge series popped up. The title is what finally had me taking that leap. Y'all, I am so glad that I did! I devoured that series in a few days. It was SO fun! I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in this series. September can't get here fast enough! 

It was hard to decide which book of hers to feature. But I finally decided on My Favorite Moosetake. Y'all it was awesome! I loved it!



A sous chef with her life in limbo, the Army veteran who broke her heart, and their second chance at forever.

Sous chef Tessa Whitmore has always had it all figured out, and she’s never been afraid to go after what she wants. When she’s selected to be a contestant on the reality cooking competition show Order Up: Las Vegas, it never occurs to her that she won’t take first place.

Or that she would be betrayed.

Instead of winning the chance to run her own kitchen in a highly respected chef’s restaurant, she’s booted from the competition. Disqualified for cheating, Tessa is too mortified to do anything but hide until her innocence is proven. Unannounced, she flees to Sunset Ridge to the lodge she and her sisters inherited earlier in the summer.

But everything turns sideways when she discovers Liam is back.

Army veteran Liam Davies has never stopped loving Tessa. Eight years, three deployments, and thousands of miles of distance was not enough to erase what they had. Tired of running and ready to settle down, the only thing that made sense was to move back home.

He always knew she’d come back someday. But he didn’t expect her to show up so soon after the Whitmore sisters reopened the lodge. Now that she’s back in his life, he has no plans of letting her go a second time.

But there’s something Tessa isn’t telling him. Liam’s determined to get to the bottom of it, even though the truth might destroy their second chance at happily ever after.

You can check out my review here.

Happy reading my fellow Book Dragons!

2 Comments:

  1. I'm reading the first moose book this next week per your recommendation! I'm looking forward to adding a new author to my list too! Thanks for hunting this out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeek! I can't wait to hear what you think! I love finding new authors. It's extremely satisfying when we find one. All the hard work is most definitely worth it! Hehe.

      Delete