Sunday, July 26, 2020

Perfectly Imperfect Us by Marika Ray



Synopsis:

How’s an ordinary girl to keep her cool when an international male model moves in next door?

Ava
With hard work and a complete belief in myself, combined with enough time to build momentum, I’d been able to create quite an online following with my beauty channel. If only my fans knew my makeup skills were born from a desperate need to cover up my secret. They would have never known any better had that stupid model not shown up next door and cat-walked his way into my life with his sculpted cheekbones and his sea glass eyes.

Ryder
Modeling was an interesting sport. Some of the most beautiful women were actually quite ugly under all the glamour. Coming home to Nickel Bay, I saw that sometimes the most ordinary women were truly the most beautiful. Ava is exactly that. Gorgeous. Even after we become friends and her secret is exposed publicly. Unfortunately, I’m to blame for that and I’m not sure she’ll ever forgive me. Why can’t she see past her perception of perfect?

My Review: 5 Stars

So, I am sitting here staring at my computer screen thinking... Holy crap! What just happened?! 

Y'all! The feels! All. The. Feels! One minute I'm sitting in my big comfy chair, reading away, swooning and letting out all kinds of dreamy sighs. The next? My heart is in the pit of my stomach, breaking, while I'm deep breathing and trying to calm myself down so I don't throw my kindle. Literally. My bookish friend had to talk me down from the ledge and tell me to... keep reading! It gets better! As you can probably guess, I pushed on. 

Holy Hannah! I won't go into detail because y'all need to experience this amazing book for yourself. But MAN! Do I love Ava! She is one feisty, sassy, phenomenal heroine that quickly became one of my top favorites. If you finish reading this book and you don't love her, we can't be friends. She is seriously the best! 

And Ryder. Ryder, Ryder, Ryder. I loved him. And then I hated him. But then I loved him again. This man really knows how to test the limits of my forgiveness. He deserved at least a billion Gibbs slaps during part of the book. I told him he would have to do something huge if he was ever going to get back on my good side. Spoiler alert. He's one of my favorite heroes! *dreamy sigh*

You guys, I'm not lying when I say that I absolutely loved this book. And it's not just because it's swoony and had me feeling all the feels. The life lessons in this book are so real, so raw, so eloquently written that you can't help but absorb every little bit of it. You get to see things from others perspective. You get to see what they go through on a daily basis. I may or may not have gotten a little teary eyed with little Parker. Ms. Ray has a home run on her hands with Perfectly Imperfect Us. It. Was. Fantastic!

If you guys haven't read this series yet, then you are definitely missing out. I loved seeing all our friends from Nickle Bay. I seriously cannot get enough of them! I cannot wait for the next book to be released. This is one of those times that I have to remind myself that writing takes time. But y'all! It's going to be hard waiting! Haha. Oh! And am I the only one that's hoping the mysterious Ben will end of getting his own book?! Please tell me I'm not! 

Now for the moment we've all been waiting for... my casting! Y'all... I have been DYING to use him for awhile now. Isn't he gorgeous?! Aren't THEY gorgeous?! *dreamy sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment