Sunday, January 17, 2021

Coffee Shop Girl by Katie Cross

 

Synopsis:

Bethany:

This coffee shop is going to kill me.

Sure, it's my dad's dream. If he hadn't died eight months ago, I wouldn't be here, a college drop out, trying not to drown in debt.

Nor would I be staring into the muddy eyes of a viking-sized man that's telling me everything I'm doing wrong—as if he knows so much about business in a small mountain town.

Except he does.

And when the biggest, most unexpected surprise of all falls in my lap, I'll have no choice but to ask for his help.

Time for some power lipstick.

Maverick:

This girl is drowning.

She might have eyes like glacier pools and hair so black it's glossy, but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a coffee shop. She's drowning in more than debt, interest, and credit card payments.

She'll never make it.

But I kind of want her to.

Because underneath that bright lipstick and those sun dresses is a woman that I have an uncomfortable feeling is about to rock. my. world.

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. I have been suffering from a book hangover for over a week now. I've lost count of how many books I have tried but they just couldn't keep my attention. On a whim, and without reading the synopsis, I grabbed this one and crossed my fingers that I found a winner. Good news is... I found a winner! Bad news is... I have an even bigger book hangover now. Good news is... I. Do. Not. Care!

Y'all! I have been sitting here for hours trying to type up my review but all I can think of is... Ummmm... what in the world just happened?! Literally. What in the world just happened?! This book did not go in the direction I thought it would. Granted, that was probably because I didn't read the synopsis and, for some unknown reason, I assumed this book was a RomCom. Ummm. Yeah. It's not. BUT it was SO good!

Ms. Cross did a phenomenal job of captivating me from the very beginning. I hadn't even finished the first chapter before I found myself cheering Bethany on and being intrigued by the mystery of all things Maverick. I couldn't read fast enough to discover all the things about these two! Oh how I adored them!

I also adored Lizbeth and Ellie. I don't want to give anything away but, just know, these two are pivotal in this story.

Gah! You guys! The feels in this book! All. The. Feels! My heart shattered into a million pieces. I had tears rolling down my face on more than one occasion. I ached for Bethany, Maverick, Lizbeth and Ellie. Their journey is so heartachingly beautiful! There's just something about getting lost in it all with them. The learning, the growing, the healing, the loving.. it was all just SO real! This is one book that I will be thinking about for a long time to come!

This is my first book by Ms. Cross and it definitely will not be my last! I cannot WAIT for the next book in this series to come out! It has been preordered and I will be sitting on the edge of my seat for release day!

As for my casting. Y'all. She had me at tattoos. I cannot tell you how long I have waited to use this exact picture! He seriously just fits for me. I am in love with these two! What do you think?!

Content: Mild language. Brief moments of peril. Talk of abuse and suicide with no details. Swoony kisses! Clean!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment