Friday, January 8, 2021

Romancing Daphne by Sarah M. Eden

 

Synopsis:

As her first London Season looms before her, the thought of the impending social whirl fills Daphne Lancaster's timid heart with dread. She hasn't her sisters beauty nor their talent for conversing easily. Even her family's enviable connections may not be enough to prevent disaster.

But Daphne's misery turns to surprised delight when the first event of her Season brings an unexpected visitor to her door—James Tilburn, whose tender kindness stole her heart in her youth. When the handsome young gentleman expresses his desire to court her, Daphne is elated. Their feelings for each other quickly grow, and it appears that, much to Daphne s disbelief, her happily ever after is within reach.

Yet nothing is as it seems. The couple finds themselves caught in a tangled web of greed and deceit, leaving James and Daphne to determine whether they are willing to risk everything for true love.

My Review: 5 Stars!

Confession. Seeking Persephone has always been my favorite book of this series. I never thought I would love another book more than that one. And then I read Romancing Daphne.

From the very first page, I was transported to London where I lived my life right along side Daphne and James. I loved their relationship. There was a connection between them that only grew stronger the more they got to know each other. Watching their relationship grow from friendship into something more was beautiful. Even when unforeseen forces tore them apart, they couldn't ignore their connection. They leaned on each other, strengthened each other, helped each other, lifted each other up in their times of need, loved each other when they thought no one else loved them. These two were absolutely perfect together. 

I had the hardest time putting this book down. The time I spent away from it was absolute torture. I found myself sneaking in reading time whenever I could. I may or may not have gotten irrationally angry when real life kept me from finishing the book as fast as I wanted.

This book is definitely a roller coaster ride when it comes to your emotions. Holy. Hannah! You will laugh, you will cry, you will get so angry that you wish someone would skin a certain somebody alive and throw them to the Falstone wolves, you will smile all the goofy smiles, and you will find yourself letting out all kinds of dreamy sighs. 

I'm sure most of you would agree when I say, Ms. Eden is an amazing storyteller! I have loved every single book of hers I have read so far. I cannot wait to dive into the rest of this series. 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I am in love with these two! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment