Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden

 


Synopsis:

Harry Windower adores blonde, green-eyes Athena Lancaster, but alas, a penniless man like himself has no hope of winning a young noblewoman's hand. To add insult to injury, Athena's brother-in-law and guardian, the Duke of Kielder, has asked Harry to assist Athena in finding a gentleman of her dreams. But the lovesick Harry is cunning as well: as the weeks pass, he introduces Athena to suitors who are horrifically boring, alarmingly attached to their mothers, downright rude, astoundingly self-absorbed, and utterly ridiculous.

Athena can't comprehend why she is having so little success meeting eligible and acceptable gentlemen. Indeed, her circle of admirers couldn't be be less admirable - nothing like the loyal, gentle friend she's found in Harry. But how long can Harry's scheme be hidden before it is discovered? And what will Athena do when she uncovers Harry's deception?

Escape into a charming regency world in this delightfully romantic comedy of manners that will entertain you to the very last word.

My Review: 3.5 Stars

While chatting with some bookish friends recently, I realized that I have not read all of the books in the Lancaster/Jonquil series. So I thought, what better way to start off 2021 than to read the series in order. Needless to say, I'm a bit excited to read them all! 

Harry! *dreamy sigh* I have loved Harry since I first met him in Seeking Persephone. He has got to be one of the best side characters ever. I couldn't wait to dive into his story. If anyone deserves a HEA, it is him!

Sadly, I had a hard time connecting with Athena at first. From Seeking Persephone, I envisioned her as a bit self centered from Artemis's letters. She was far too worried about her coming out than her family. If I'm being honest, it's always bugged me. It wasn't until she finally realized her feelings for Harry that I actually started connecting with her. I'm thinking it,s probably my mood because all my bookish friends absolutely adore this book.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a big fan of friends to lovers stories. Especially when the heroes in said stories are trying to hook the heroine up with someone else. Granted he was commanded to do it and he tried his best to sabotage Athena's chances with any and all suitors, but it left me feeling sad for Harry. I wished Adam would've woken up a bit and realized what his best friend was going through. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy this book. I just wished that the ending would've happened sooner and that we could have seen more of the courting going on. But don't worry. These little things are not going to stop me from reading the book again. 

I'm sure I'm just like everyone else when I say, Ms. Eden became an instant favorite of mine. Her books always capture me and give me that much needed break from reality. I'm looking forward to reading all her books that I haven't read yet. 

And of course I can't forget my casting! I'm loving these two! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment