Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen


Synopsis:

When Lucy Pickett arrives at Blackwell Manor to tend to her ailing cousin, Kate, she finds more than she bargained for. A restless ghost roams the hallways, werewolves have been reported in the area, and vampires lurk across the Scottish border.

Lord Miles himself is clearly hiding a secret. He is brash and inhospitable and does not take kindly to visitors—even one as smart and attractive as Miss Pickett. He is unsettled by the mysterious deaths of his new wife, Clara, and his sister, Marie. Could Miles himself be to blame for the deaths?

Working together, Miles and Lucy attempt to restore peace to Blackwell Manor. But can Lucy solve the mystery of Miles? Can she love the man—beast and all?

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. I have read this book at least once a year for the last 4 years. To say it's one of my favorites would be an understatement. While reading it this time around, a memory from the first time I read it came to mind and I just had to share it. 

Picture this. It's almost midnight, my room is pitch black, minus the light from my kindle, my apartment is completely silent, and I'm fully engrossed in the story. I come to an extremely intense part of the book and I'm on the edge of my seat unsure of what's going to happen next. Just as something slams into a wall in the book, something slams into my wall in my bedroom! 😱 I screamed and jumped sky high. I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest. To say I was a little freaked out would be an understatement. It took me awhile to calm down and stop shaking. And I may or may not have slept with my light on that night. ðŸ¤ª I can laugh at it now but y'all! I was freaked out! 😂

Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite fairytale. There's just something about it that has this girl letting out all kinds of little dreamy sighs. And this book had me doing just that. 

Lucy and Miles are seriously the best! Both of them can be pretty dang stubborn but they love fiercely and will do anything to protect the ones they love most. I loved watching these two navigate through their rough beginning, learn to trust and open up to each other, all while falling in love. They make the perfect team and I absolutely adore them!

This was my first introduction into the world of steampunk and I loved it! Sadly, I haven't found any other books that can hold a candle to the Steampunk Proper Romance series. But that doesn't stop me from continuing to try. 😉

Not only was this my first steampunk romance, but my first book by Nancy Campbell Allen. She did an amazing job of sucking me in to her world and making me forget reality. And y'all know how much I love it when that happens! 

And of course I can't forget my casting! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment