Sunday, December 26, 2021

The Proposal by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

My best friend is basically my dream girl. Too bad I can’t have her.

As a Marine who jumps out of perfectly good airplanes for fun, you could say I’m fine with taking risks. But not when it comes to Shelby.

For years, I’ve been firmly in the friend zone, right where she wants me. And since I won’t risk our friendship, that’s where I’ll stay. But I can’t pine over her forever.

When I propose to my girlfriend and get rejected in front of the whole town, the joke’s on me. Turns out proposing to the wrong woman because you can’t have the right one is a bad idea.

Shelby’s always had my heart. Can I convince her to trust me with hers?

My Review: 5 Stars

Oh my heart! Y'all! I can't even with how much I loved this book! I think I had the world's largest goofy grin on my face and I lost count of all the dreamy sighs I let out while reading.

If I had to describe this book in one word, for me, it would be perfection! I found myself reading late into the night and waking up way before the sun even thought about rising just so I could dive back in.

Shelby and Paul are the best of friends and have secretly been in love with each other since high school. However, difficult circumstances beyond her control has Shelby putting and keeping Paul strictly in the friendzone. 

However, a rejected proposal will have Shelby and Paul finally opening their eyes to see what's been right in front of them the whole time. But in order for them to get their HEA, they're going to need to learn how to face and deal with a hard situation, together. 

My advice to all who read this book is sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride that you're about to embark on. There's a good chance you'll find yourself laughing, shedding a few tears, giggling, swooning, and letting out little dreamy sighs. But one thing I know for sure, you will not regret immersing yourself in all things Shelby and Paul!

This is such an amazing start to what I'm sure is going to be another phenomenal series by Ms. Mastorakos! I cannot wait to see what she has in store for the rest of the Brides of Beaufort stories! 

And of course I can't forget my casting! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment