Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Melt my Heart by Jules Barker


Synopsis:


Vera Penwythe never thought she’d go for another relationship so soon, and certainly not a fake one. She’s moved back in with her Gran for the holidays after a humiliating break up left her in debt to her two-timing ex. But when a charming neighbor begs her to pretend to be his girlfriend until his mom recovers from heart surgery, she can’t resist. She yearns to feel needed and be part of something, even if it is all fake. Besides, this way she’ll get the benefits of companionship without the expectations and heartbreak of a real relationship. Vera may have the power to create frost with her hands, but she wishes she could freeze her heart to keep it safe.

Harry Levine never thought lying to his mom would lead to the best mistake of his life. But when his parents’ excessive PDA and a tumbling tower of ice cream tubs lead his parents to assume that Vera is the long-term girlfriend they’ve never met, Harry begs her to go with it. He can’t bear to tell his sick mom that he’s broken up with his girlfriend. Instead, he enlists Vera’s help to keep up the ruse until his mom is on the mend. That just means a few family parties, shared shifts at his dad’s magic-themed ice cream parlor, and—oh yeah, passing Vera off as the picky girlfriend he’s told them about. But what do you do when the lie you started becomes the best thing that’s ever happened to you?

Vera doesn’t trust her bad-guy radar and she doesn’t trust love. But Christmas at Moonrise Cove has a way of working its magic and soon her walls begin to melt. Will she be able to risk her heart to believe that something fake could ever become something real?

My Review: 5 Stars

I’m a sucker when it comes to Christmas romance. I love to immerse myself in as many as I can this time of year. If I could take the entire month of December off work every year to just read Christmas romances, I totally would. There’s just something about them that makes this girl swoon and let out all the little dreamy sighs.

Add in one of those goofy grins and that’s exactly what happened while reading this book. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I adored Vera and Harry!

From the moment Vera and Harry met, sparks start flying, and, try as they may, there was no denying the chemistry and the feeling of rightness they had when they were together. I loved watching their relationship go from fake dating to friendship to love. They balanced each other out and fit perfectly together. They quickly became favorites of mine.

I loved meeting both of their families and getting to know them. Y’all. I think Morgan is my favorite! She seriously rocks! Merlin and Dori are pretty perfect too. I loved how they weren’t afraid to show everyone how much they love each other. They have got to be the sweetest couple ever!

Oh, how I wish I lived in Moonrise Cove! I love every little thing about it. From Rainbow Beach to the Frost Fairies to all the fun little shops to the townsfolk. Y’all! This place is magical! I can’t wait to go back there again!

Ms. Barker has officially been added to my favorite author's list. Anyone who can capture me from the very beginning, keep me up reading way past my bedtime, and then waking up extra early just to see what happens next, definitely deserves to be on that list. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting… *dreamy sigh* Aren’t they perfect?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment