Sunday, December 12, 2021

The Trouble with Mistletoe by Cassandra West

 

Synopsis:

What do you get when you cross a sprig of mistletoe, your high school nemesis, and a meddling spirit? A whole lot of trouble…

When an insistent fortune teller interrupts Juniper Carrington’s work to tell her she has an important message from the Beyond, Juniper is loathe to believe it. After all, what crackpot mystic would tell her she’ll be meeting her true love under the mistletoe…on Black Friday? But then there’s the mistletoe, and there’s the handsome man underneath it—and of course: it’s Spencer Freaking Howell. The jerk who broke her heart ten years ago.

Still, no one ever said Juniper had to get on board with this. And Spencer seems just as uninterested as she is. Except—they keep getting thrown together. In wilder and wilder ways. And every time, a sprig of mistletoe is right there, taunting her. It seems Juniper has two choices: give Spencer a second chance, or have her life ruined by a meddlesome, matchmaking spirit.

The spirit of Christmas present is determined to bring Juniper and Spencer together, but will the ghosts of their past keep them from having a future?

My Review: 4 Stars

Picture this. It's been 10 years since you've seen your high school nemesis and you have spent all that time trying to forget everything about them. Then, at the town Harvest Festival you're in charge of, a mystic tells you that you'll meet your true love that night, under the mistletoe. Of course you think she's lost her marbles since there's zero mistletoe to be found on Black Friday. But then a freak accident happens and you find yourself coming face to face with said high school nemesis.... under the mistletoe.

Y'all. Grab your favorite reading snacks, curl up in your favorite reading spot, and get ready for the Juniper and Spencer show! It's guaranteed to have you laughing out loud, getting teary eyed, and letting out all kinds of little dreamy sighs.

Juniper and Spencer have always had a special connection and I loved watching these two find their way back to each other. They had to face some hard things but it only made them stronger has individuals as well as a couple. They are pretty perfect for each other.

For those of you who know me, know I'm all about that HEA! This one is a HFN and I found myself wanting just a little bit more.

If I had one complaint, and this is totally a personal preference, it would be the back and forth between the past and the present. I've never been a fan of it and usually can't get through the book. I understand why it's written this way but I get frustrated when something big happens in the story and then it flashes back to the past. The buildup and anticipation is lost for me.

All in all, this was a really cute book and a great addition to this fun series and setting. I absolutely love Moonrise Cove!

This is my first book by Ms. West and I can tell you, it won't be my last! I'm excited to see where her writing journey takes her. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment