Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The Problem with Planning Love by Claire Cain

 
Synopsis:

Single dad. Divorcé. Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army.

All titles I’ve come to terms with, even if I didn’t see those first two coming.

I never imagined making a military move to Germany as a single parent. What else I never imagined? Having an insane spark like I’ve never felt with my son’s kindergarten teacher.

Livie’s a singular force of light and beauty, and I’ve never wanted someone so much. But after what happened last time, I can’t escape the dread of dragging a new wife into this life and failing again.

Besides, our lives are too different. Our plans don’t match. We definitely shouldn’t date and absolutely can’t afford to catch feelings.

Everything changed the day I walked into that classroom. And now the only thing that scares me more than trying for another chance at love is living with regret if I don’t.

My Review: 4.5 Stars

Confession. I have had a sample of this book sitting on my kindle for several months. After searching for a few hours to find my next book, I finally gave up, closed my eyes, clicked on a sample and this one was the winner. Once I started it, I had the hardest time putting it down. It was just what the doctor ordered. 

Y'all. I'm not going to lie. There were times that Livie and Eric drove me crazy! I kinda wanted to shake them and tell them to WAKE UP! At one point I may or may not have wanted to throw my kindle over my balcony. 😂 

But, frustration aside, I adored these two! Their chemistry was sizzling and I found myself rooting for them from the very beginning. I enjoyed watching these two work through their insecurities and find their HEA. And we can't forget Delia and Robby! Oh my heart! Y'all! They are adorable and the story wouldn't be complete without them! 😍

This is my first book by Ms. Cain and I'm totally hooked! Don't ask me why it took my so long to dive into her books but I'm determined to rectify that immediately. I've already downloaded the next book in this series and can't wait to get to know Noah and Katie! And to see more of Eric, Livie, and their whole gang! 

And of course I cannot forget my casting. Y'all. I'm in love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment