Friday, August 12, 2022

The Fake Date by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

My rules as Mr. Fake Date? Weddings only. Kissing has a surcharge. And catching feelings is absolutely forbidden. What could go wrong?

As a professional wedding date, I have strict boundaries.

Feelings make things messy, and I need this side gig because my pay as an active-duty Marine isn’t nearly enough to cover my old man’s medical bills.

Then my pops shocks me with one of those gut-wrenching “Make me a promise, son” kinda talks, saying he wants me to give up this fake-dating business and find something real.

But then the bookish stunner I’ve been low-key crushing on for over a year suddenly needs my services.

And even though this gorgeous woman and her beautifully different brain could be the one to make me risk it all, I’ll be her perfect fake date … and then I’ll walk away.

Because despite the promise I made to my pops, I won’t fall in love with her only to lose her like I’ve lost everybody else.

I can’t.

My Review: 4 Stars

Confession. The fake dating trope is not one I usually read. But when a trusted author writes it, I read it. 

I have been curious about Lyndi and Beau for a little while. There was something about them that intrigued me and had me wanting to know their stories and see what makes them tick. I was excited to dive into their book.

I have to admit that, while I enjoyed their story, I had a bit of a hard time getting behind their relationship for a good portion of the book. They each have their own reasons as to why nothing real could happen between them, and they were valid reasons... it just seemed to drag out a little too long for me. 

But that didn't stop me from finishing the book. When they both finally allowed themselves to open up and see what kind of future they could have together, the story picked up and I couldn't read fast enough. Even though I struggled, I really enjoyed their journey. It was real. It was raw. It was beautiful. Lyndi and Beau are absolutely perfect for each other. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of them in the next book.

I'm loving the Brides of Beaufort series. I loved seeing old friends (even though I kinda wanted to knock Layla out at one point) and meeting new ones. I'm looking forward to getting to know Chase and Zoe more! I can't to see what Ms. Mastorakos has in store for them! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I think these two are pretty perfect. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment