Sunday, January 7, 2024

Heidi Lucy Loses Her Mind by Gracie Ruth Mitchell

 

Synopsis:

Heidi Lucy has a secret—a big one. A scary, dangerous, ugly one.

There’s just one problem: thanks to a mysterious head wound, she can’t seem to remember what that secret is.

In order to regain her lost memories, Heidi sets out to retrace her steps—followed grudgingly by Soren, a faithful patron of her little bookshop and the less-than-thrilled recipient of the cryptic voicemail she can’t remember leaving.

But her journey gets derailed when one of Heidi’s customers drops dead in the middle of her shop, and it isn’t long before both Heidi and Soren come under suspicion. Something fishy is going on in Sunshine Springs, and if they want to find the truth, they’re going to have to hunt for it themselves.

Who killed the woman in Heidi’s bookshop? What secret has Heidi forgotten? And, maybe the most crucial question of all: Who gave Soren permission to look so good in a man bun?

My Review: 5 Stars

Have you ever picked up a book and within a very short time of reading it, you just knew it was going to be one of your favorites? Well, that's what happened to me the moment I started reading how Heidi and Soren met. Y'all this was probably one of my most favorite cute-meets ever! I literally felt all the emotions that Heidi and Soren were feeling and I just couldn't help but laugh so hard! It was just so stinkin' cute! And yes, I had to go back and reread it as soon as I finished it. Gah! It. Was. The. Best! 

And things only got better from there. Heidi and Soren quickly became favorites of mine and will forever hold a special place in my heart. I can't even begin to tell you how many swoony moments these two had. And no, it wasn't just the toe curling kisses these two shared that turned me into an ooey gooey pile of deliciousness! It was more about the way Soren saw Heidi. The way he was so good to her and for her. The way he loved her. He knew just what she needed and was that person for her. Always. Their relationship was so endearing and sweet. I just couldn't get enough of it. Talk about all the little dreamy sighs. Oh! And did I mention those swoony kisses?! WOWZERS! All I can say is... salted caramel ice cream anyone?! 

The mystery aspect of the book was masterfully done. My mind was going crazy right along with Heidi and Soren's trying to figure out who did it and why. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, PLOT TWIST! I finally just gave up and went with the flow. I do have to say that I was just as shocked as Heidi and Soren was when all was said and done. I love it when a book can do that to me!

I seriously loved every single thing about this book. It was so satisfying and it had every aspect that I have come to love in the books I read. It was so much more than just a romance, so much more than just a mystery, so much more than just self discovery, so much more than just a relationship. It had all of that and more tied up with most perfect bow you can imagine on your most cherished present. Ms. Mitchell has made a fan for life. I can't wait to see what she has planned next! 

As for my casting, I know he was a given, but I still love these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment