Thursday, January 4, 2024

One Enchanted Evening by Trish LeBaron

 

Synopsis:

Was Thea mad over Mason’s unannounced reappearance?
Furious that she’d fainted at the sight of him?
Angry that she’d swooned over him when she came to?
The answer was obvious. D: All of the above.


Thea Halliwell has resigned herself to singledom. She lives with two cats, runs a small-town bookstore by day, and has only book boyfriends to keep her warm at night. The daily hum-drum has Thea looking for a little magic in her life—literally. Magic is part of the makeup of her island hometown and when she signs up for a six week course to explore her magical potential, the new adventure has her bubbling over with anticipation. That is, until Mason Bleeping Tuttle arrives at orientation. Okay, so that’s not really her ex’s middle name, but it should be.

Mason Tuttle hasn’t stepped foot on home turf in ten years. When he’s enlisted to oversee the fall session of magical boot camp, he doesn't expect to run into his old flame, Thea, or to see so much hurt behind her not-so-discreet glances. And he knows why she’s hurt—he feels it too. Their teenage romance ended in tragedy and Mason being sent to the midwest to finish high school. Now, seeing the woman she’s become has his heart pounding like he’s seventeen again. But there’s just one problem—she’s made it clear they have no reason to get reacquainted.

Is Mason grown up and good looking? Yes. Is Thea peeking over the pages of her novel to check him out? Oh, yes. But it’s more than just a painful past keeping these two apart. Someone in their present is meddling with their second chance at having a future.

My Review: 5 Stars

Moonrise Cove! Oh how I have missed you! I was so excited to get my hands on this baby! From the very first page, I was transported to one of my favorite places were I quickly fell in love with all things Thea and Mason! Y'all! Talk about all the feels, heart eyes, and dreamy sighs. 

Thea and Mason have been friends forever. Somewhere along the way it turned into something more. At the age of seventeen a life changing event happened and instead of it bringing them closer together, outside forces used it to tear them apart. But 10 years later the magic of Moonrise Cove brings them back together. 

The journey back to each other is definitely a rough one for Thea and Mason. There's a lot of heartbreak and hurt that they have to wade through. But the love they have for each other gives them the courage and that little push they need to face the hard things and find their happily ever after. Their story was so heartachingly beautiful and I loved every minute I spent with them. 

If you guys haven't read any of the books set in Moonrise Cove, I highly recommend checking them out! I have loved every single minute I've spent there. Oh how I wish I could live there! It's enchanting and magical and just a fun place to be! 

Ms. LeBaron has done it again! She never ceases to amaze me. I am in awe of her talent. She has a way of capturing the reader and not letting them go until the very end. There's a reason why she's one of my favorite authors. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

And of course I can't forget my casting! I love these two! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment