Thursday, February 15, 2024

Against Immortal Sins by Anna Hawke


Synopsis:

No matter how deeply it’s buried, the past always resurfaces.

Jaded forever by the viciousness of one vampire, Gideon’s trust in them is tenuous at best. While they—and the other immortals at the summit—promise peace, his priority remains his people: the Elementals. If the secret he harbors is unearthed, it would forever change the landscape of supernatural society.

When a plot against the vampires is uncovered with Gideon at its center, inviting Rona to the Elemental haven simultaneously solidifies their truce while risking everything.

Rona, a vampire councilwoman, is driven by one goal: to ensure vampires survive. If she fails to convince Gideon of their benevolence, their fragile truce will shatter. Yet, if she opens herself to the smoldering desire between them, it risks reviving the predator she buried long ago.

As danger lurks upon the horizon, Gideon and Rona must resist the rising passion between them, or it could threaten everything they’ve worked for. For if they fall too deeply for one another, they’ll stumble upon the bones of the past, and be forced to choose where their loyalties lie.

My Review: 5 Stars

Gah! You guys! If I wasn't already hooked on this series from book 1, I'd definitely be hooked now! So much so that I don't even want to write a review... I just want to dive into book 3. But alas, a review is a must for this amazing piece of the story!

We pick up 3 months later at a summit for the Immortals where more characters and nations are introduced. Gideon, an Elemental, is captivated by Rona, a vampire. His past experiences clouds his judgement of all vampires, and rightfully so, but he can't help but feel drawn to her.

Rona also has a past and secrets and refuses to put herself in any situation that may lead to history repeating itself. Falling for Gideon is a big no go for her. But Fate and the heart will always triumph over stubbornness.

Y'all. I absolutely adore Rona and Gideon! These two are seriously the best! I loved watching their relationship develop and seeing them learn to open their hearts for a chance at love. These two started out as enemies, but became the others fiercest protector. Swoony doesn't even begin to describe what these two have!

I am seriously loving this series! While each book in this series features a different couple (which I LOVE), there's an on going story from beginning to end. I highly suggest reading these books in order. You don't want to miss a moment of the adventures!

Ms. Hawke is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. She's giving me what I want, when I want it, and doesn't shy away from all those swoony kisses and sweet moments I love to see in books. I'm only on book 2 and I have already one-clicked the rest of this series! Now. If I could find a way to get out of adulting so I can binge this series, life would be perfect! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I seriously love these two! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment