Sunday, February 11, 2024

Beneath Fated Bonds by Anna Hawke

 

Synopsis:

Cold. Remote. Vengeful.

When she looked at him, Nova saw a man devoid of empathy. Kane, a known antagonist during the war, had instigated the bitter, centuries long conflict between their nations. As a rare female alpha, her blood ran cold with aggression, but the wolf beneath her skin was far more enticed by him than enraged.

Once her mortal enemy, the leader of the vampire council had approached the werewolves with offers of peace. On the very night their truce would’ve been secured, an attack on the vampire nation throws their treaty into question.

When Nova and Kane are forced to work together to eliminate a threat to the immortal societies, passion ignites in the most unlikely of places. As desire builds and the stakes rise, their fates intertwine, and they must overcome their animosity—and their trauma—to defeat the threat against their nations.

My Review: 5 Stars!

Have you ever just craved reading a specific genre, a specific trope but every search you do for it, you come up empty handed? That has been me whenever it comes to urban fantasy, werewolves, and vampire romance. 

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across all three in one book. Y'all all my fingers and toes were crossed that this would be that book. And it was. 

From the very beginning I was sucked into the chaos, the danger, into a world where vampires and werewolves attempt to work together to find peace between their nations, all while trying to locate and defeat an unknown enemy. 

Nova and Kane quickly became favorites of mine. There was chemistry aplenty between these two. Between the sass, sarcasm, witty banter, the fight for dominance, and all the swoony kisses, you can't help but root for them. In true enemies-to-lovers style, all I can say is sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the rollercoaster ride called Nova and Kane. Y'all. I loved every single minute of it! 

Intrigued and invested in this series after only one book hasn't happened to me in a while. I love when I find a new to me author that can sweep me off my feet and give me that much needed break from reality. And Ms. Hawke did just that. I found myself reading late into the night, only stopping when my kindle kept hitting me in the face, and woke up extra early because I just had to know what happened next! I can't wait to see what adventures the rest of the series will take us on! 

As for my casting *dreamy sigh*. Y'all. I'm in love! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment