Saturday, January 19, 2019

Hothouse Flower by Taylor Dean


Synopsis:

I loved Jace Faraday with all my heart. I loved everything about him, from his huge smile to his fabulous laugh. Another man never caught my eye. It was always Jace and Shay, together forever.

Until it wasn’t.

He devastated me, he ruined me. I’ve never gotten over it.

But, I’m a survivor. I’m not a precious flower that can only thrive if kept safe from the perils of the outside world.

Except now Jace has returned home. He’s just across the street from me, so close I swear I can actually feel his presence.

I can’t avoid him forever. At some point I have to face him. And when I do, I know sparks will fly.

To redeem himself for his past actions, I need major remorse. I need a profuse apology and maybe even a little begging for forgiveness. I won’t settle for anything less.

However, when the truth behind our break-up is revealed, I’m stunned. It leaves me reeling—and yearning for the six years that have been lost to us.

The thing is, once the truth is known, there’s nothing to keep us apart.

Absolutely nothing.

(Dear Reader: This book deals with a sensitive issue.)

My Review: 5 Stars

Shay and Jace, Jace and Shay. They have loved each other all their lives. They had their whole life together planned out. They had their hopes and dreams. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that they would live happily ever after. 

But sometimes life has a way of knocking you off your perfectly planned out path. No one ever saw it coming. Devastated and broken, they do their best to live their lives apart and try to move on.

Six years. It has been six years since the last time they saw each other. Six years since Jace broke her. And now he's moving back home to help out his Mom. He'll be right across the street from her and there's no way she'll be able to avoid him. One look at him and she knows she's in trouble. She still desperately loves him and probably always will. If only he'd apologize for his actions, beg for her forgiveness, confess that he still loves her too. Maybe, just maybe they'd still have a chance. 

But beware, things aren't always what they seem. Life may have knocked them off their path, but fate has a way of bringing them back together. Time. They have lost so much time. It has been stolen from them and they are never going to be able to get it back. But that just means they will have to treasure all of their time together. 

They have a long road ahead of them and it's not going to be easy. But as long as they are together, they can weather any storm. They have been ripped apart once, but their love has brought them back together. 

Shay and Jace, Jace and Shay. Together Forever. There is nothing in this world that can tear them apart again. Their love for each other grows stronger every day. And they will live happily ever after. 

*dreamy sigh* 

All I can say is wow! Just WOW! Once I started this book, I could not put it down! I devoured it in one sitting! I have been dying to read Shay and Jace's story since Stone Silence and I am happy to announce that it was worth the wait! 

Oh how I love these two! They are perfect for each other! I fell in love with Jace from their first meeting after 6 years! And the way he took to little Brit melted my heart and had me rooting for their HEA! SO adorable!

I do have to admit that I was a little hesitant to read this book because of the sensitive issue warning. But I should have known I had nothing to worry about. This IS a Taylor Dean book after all. She does an amazing job of touching on sensitive subjects and bringing awareness to it without it taking away from the rest of the story. 

I'm not going to lie.. I'm kind of sad that this series is over! It is such an amazing series and one that I encourage everyone to read! I know for a fact that I will be reading these books over and over and over again! 

Ms. Dean is an amazing author! She has been on my favorite authors list from the first book of hers I ever read. If you haven't read any of her books then you are definitely missing out! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

And of course I cannot forget my casting! I absolutely LOVE these two! What do you think?! 


March 2018:

*dreamy sigh* I can't express how much I LOVE this series! It is SO good! Shay and Jace's story is the perfect ending to an AMAZING series! I can already tell you that I will definitely be reading these books over and over and over again!

January 2019:

It says a lot about an author when they can suck me in over and over and over again each time I reread one of their books. I devoured this series in a couple of days and I still LOVE it! I'm looking forward to rereading it again... probably next year... ;) 

2 Comments:

  1. I love how effusive you are when you love a book! I mean, what author doesn’t love to hear a reader gush over their book? Well, this author happens to LOVE it!!!! Seriously, I love to come back and reread your reviews because they make me soooo happy! Thanks for reading and reviewing for me. I am thrilled that you loved the series. And your casting is PERFECT! Love it! Thank you, Kathy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... you are so very welcome! I just can't help it! When I LOVE a book, I just HAVE to shout it to the world! I seriously can't wait to reread this series! It's SO good! And YAY! I'm glad you love my casting! I saw these two from the start! *dreamy sigh*

    ReplyDelete