Saturday, June 29, 2019

Sweet Whispers by Jeanette Lewis


Synopsis:

A thousand dreams sparked through her, memories of late nights and sweet whispers when they’d dreamed of their future together. A family where he was Dad, and she would be Mom. But it hadn’t happened.

As the executor of her grandfather’s estate, Melanie Bowers is returning to Indigo Bay for the first time in years. Her goal is to be in and out before anyone in town knows she’s there – especially Penn, the high school sweetheart who broke her heart by joining the military and leaving her alone, with no promise for their future together.

Penn Westover was anxious to complete his tour of duty, then spend the rest of his life with Melanie. But his dream shattered when she married someone else. He reluctantly moved on with his life, but he never forgot.

When Melanie and Penn reconnect in Indigo Bay and realize they’re both single again, their chemistry comes roaring back. The sparks are still there, but can they move beyond their painful memories and forgive, or are they better off leaving the past alone?

My Review: 5 Stars

I have always been a fan of second chance love stories and this one did not disappoint! Once I started Sweet Whispers, I had a hard time putting it down. In fact, I stayed curled up in bed all morning reading. I refused to leave Indigo Bay until Melanie and Penn finally got their HEA. 

Oh my heart! Their journey had all the feels I have come to love about second chance love stories. My heart broke for our sweet Melanie. With a troubled upbringing, it's no wonder she was scared to take another leap with Penn. But Penn... *dreamy sigh* He was the perfect hero for Melanie. He knew from the beginning that they were meant to be together. He didn't know what happened all those years ago but he knew this was fate's way of giving them another chance. He refused to give Melanie up again without a fight. 

I absolutely loved the twist in the story at the end! And that epilogue! *dreamy sigh* You guys! It was absolutely perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better ending! 

Ms. Lewis has definitely become a favorite of mine. I can always count on her books capturing me and transporting me to various locations that I never want to leave. Her books are always a great break from reality. I can't wait to see where she takes us next! 

And of course we can't forget my casting. I am in love with these two! They are perfect in my opinion. What do you think? 

2 Comments:

  1. Love it! Your casting is always perfect. Thank you for the review; I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! Indigo Bay has become one of my dream spots to write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you! This was definitely a fun one! I love Indigo Bay too!

      Delete