Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Story of Us by Teri Wilson


Synopsis:

A box of love letters from the past... may hold the key to the future…

Jamie always adored True Love Bookstore and Café, and now she’s the owner. But businesses are struggling in her small town, and her beloved store is threatened by a new retail development scheme.

Sawyer, Jamie’s former high school sweetheart, startles her when he comes to town for the first time in fifteen years. She soon learns he’s the architect of the proposed development and he’s there to sell local business owners on his plan. Sawyer had no idea that Jamie had bought the bookstore and poured everything she had into it. If he takes it over, he’ll break her heart a second time.

Jamie’s discovery of a box of old love letters and valentines might hold the key to saving her shop. And after all this time, could love be in the cards for Jamie and Sawyer, too?

My Review: 5 Stars

Jamie and Sawyer were high school sweethearts. 15 years ago, Sawyer broke off their relationship before he left for college. To say Jamie was heartbroken would be an understatement. She held onto the hope that he would return home after college, but it never happened. 

Now here they are, face to face, after all these years. They both had longed for and dreaded this moment. Everything was going fine until Jamie discovers that Sawyer works for the very company who's trying to buy out all the shop owners in the business district so they can tear everything down and replace it with a monstrosity of a building. 

But Jamie refuses to go down without a fight. She will do everything in her power to not only help the shop owners to see that Waterford is rich in history that shouldn't be destroyed, but help Sawyer to see that this new building is not what their small town needs. Help him to remember all the things he loved about their small town and to see where he's belonged all along.

When I woke up this morning and looked outside, I thought spending the day reading would be absolutely perfect. So, I curled up in my comfy chair, grabbed my kindle, and was transported to the small town of Waterford, OR.

I instantly fell in love with the small, quaint town and it's characters. The descriptions of everything and everyone had me feeling like I was right there, living and breathing in the story. I got a front row seat to the magic of love.

I absolutely adored Jamie and Sawyer! I'm a sucker for second chance romance, so I was rooting for them from the very beginning. This book was just what I needed today. 😊

Confession. I have not watched The Story of Us. In all honesty, I have not even seen the advertisements for it (as you can probably guess by my casting 😂). I'm one of those people who enjoy the book more than the movie. Why? Because I have the opportunity to be inside the characters' heads. To know their thoughts, their ideas, their struggles, their fears, their feelings. It's not something a movie can easily portray. Having said that, I know that after reading this book, I'm going to be able to enjoy the movie so much more.

My first book by Ms. Wilson was a hit. I'm looking forward to checking out more of her books.

And of course we can't forget my casting. I know... I know... these are not the actors in the movie, but it's who I saw the entire time I was reading. Haha.


*I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own and were voluntarily given.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment