Saturday, January 25, 2020

Weekend Ramblings


Hey party people! Are you ready for another Weekend Ramblings a la KJ?!

Well then... let's get ready to raaaaammmmmbbbbbllllleeeee!!!!!

This week's rambling topic is...

** Quality vs. Quantity **

I've noticed that I'm getting extremely picky in my old age when it comes to the books I read. My vote would definitely be for quality.

A couple years ago, I refused to purchase books over $5.99. I thought anything more than that was just too expensive for an ebook, especially at times when the paperback was cheaper. My thoughts on that have actually changed. While talking to a fellow Book Dragon, I realized that I have purchased more ebooks over $8.99 in the last couple of months than I have the entire time I've been reading.

Why you may ask? In my opinion, the quality is better. I'm starting to gravitate more towards the authors that release 1-4 books a year. I actually find little to no mistakes in their books. They also have all the aspects that I'm looking for in a good romance book.

For some of the authors that release 6+ books a year, I've noticed a lot of mistakes in their books and it's very distracting. I find myself focusing more on the mistakes and wondering how the editors and beta readers have missed so many of them. The quality isn't nearly as good as the authors who take their time writing books.

I guess it all comes down to I crave that quality over quantity. I love the unique twists that the authors put in their stories rather than the same old thing over and over again.

What about you? Are you a quality over quantity kind of reader? Or do you love getting as many books by your favorite authors as you can? Do you notice mistakes and does it take away from your enjoyment of the book?  

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

2 Comments:

  1. Quality! Every single time. I recently had an author apologize to me about taking so long to get her book done and then asked if I preferred quality or quantity. I told her the wait would be worth it and I would always pick quality, hands down, every single time. I don't just want to read, I want to feel. I want to love. Great post and great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! And I agree... the wait is always worth it! You'll never hear me complain about it.. haha. And thank you! :)

      Delete