Sunday, October 2, 2022

The Faceless Mage by Kenley Davidson


Synopsis:

He’ll protect her with his last breath…
Until she becomes his next target.


Leisa’s ambitions used to be simple. Guard the princess. Hide her magic. Wait for her family to return.

But all of that changes when her king demands that she use her unique abilities to spy on the rival kingdom of Garimore.

Alone, far from home, and living a lie that grows more perilous by the day, Leisa’s task is complicated by her most dangerous enemy yet—the masked assassin known only as the Raven.

Everyone in the Five Thrones knows to fear him, but the Raven is not what Leisa expected. As silent as he is lethal, he provokes her curiosity as much as her fear, and hides secrets she’s determined to learn.

When her already precarious mission takes a deadly turn, Leisa must evade the Raven himself if she is to succeed. It’s never been done before, but Leisa is nothing if not stubborn. And if she doesn’t become the first to escape his blade, her entire kingdom will pay the price—in blood.

My Review: 4 Stars

So I did a thing. When choosing a book, I usually read the synopsis and several reviews before diving in. This time, however, I did not. Y'all. Can I just tell you how scary that was me?! I had no clue what I was getting into and no clue what to expect! 🤣

I adored Leisa and the Raven. I felt connected to them from the very beginning. I really enjoyed watching their relationship develop. It was definitely slow going because both of them have trust issues, which is understandable since they are both being used by their kings. Slow going or not, I absolutely LOVED the end of the book! Y'all. It was AMAZING!

I'm not going to lie, the beginning of this book dragged for me. I struggled for the first 45% of the book. But then it started picking up. I was sitting on the edge of my seat around 80% and then I blinked and it was over. I may or may not have been staring at my kindle for a minute or two before I realized it was indeed over. It ends in a cliffhanger and I'm SO glad book 2 is out because I cannot WAIT to dive in. I need to know what happens with these two!

This is my second book by Ms. Davidson and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by her!

As for my casting... this was a no brainer for me! I love these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment