Tuesday, October 18, 2022

The Detective Wins the Witch by Kristen Painter

 

Synopsis:

Private investigator Wyatt West finds his job a little tedious most days, but that changes when he meets a bewitching blonde florist who needs a favor in the way of a wedding date. There's definitely something magical about her, but little does he know just how correct that first impression is.

Single mom Marigold Williams finds herself instantly attracted to Wyatt, but doesn't dare tell this handsome human that she's a witch and things in Nocturne Falls are a little spookier than he suspects. He’s just a nice guy who’s offered to be her plus one. She doesn’t need to turn his world upside down with the truth over one date.

Despite that agreement, their feelings deepen and both agree to try a relationship beyond their current temporary arrangement. Now Marigold must tell him about her witchy side. After all, he has a right to know who he’s dating.

But when Wyatt unwittingly frees some dangerous magic, Marigold knows a life changing sacrifice is the only way to set things right. Will her magic save him? And will he be able to handle the truth that comes with it?

My Review: 4.5 Stars

It seems like it's been forever since I've visited Nocturne Falls. I forgot how much I loved it there. I can officially say that it's been added to my list of favorite fictional places to visit. 

I was excited to see that Marigold's story was next on my list to discover. Y'all know how much of a sucker I am when it comes to the single parent trope and this one did not disappoint. Marigold seems to be everyone's favorite and I would have to agree with them. There is just something about her that makes her special. Between her unconditional love, protective nature, selflessness, loyalty, and all around happy vibe, you can't help but love her and want the best for her. 

Enter Wyatt. If ever there were a perfect match for Marigold, it would be him. Life hasn't been the easiest for him, but I think that's what makes him so perfect for her. He sees all of her and wants to be the one to help her discover just how amazing she really is. Their relationship was so sweet and swoonworthy. I had no problem cheering them on as they finally got the HEA they both deserved. *dreamy sigh* 

And I can't forget little Saffron. Y'all. That girl is going to be an even bigger handful as she gets older! She'll be keeping them on their toes that's for sure. But oh how I loved that beautiful little Witchling! She's seriously the best and oh so sweet!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. One of my favorite things about series like this is seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I loved catching up with several of them and I now have this strong desire to go back and reread some of their stories just because I can. But there's more stories to discover first. I already have them downloaded and ready to go! 

It's easy to see why Ms. Painter became one of my favorite authors. She knows how to suck me in and hold me hostage until the very end. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I'm kinda really loving these two! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment