Saturday, October 22, 2022

The Runaway by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

Could rescuing a runaway bride be the detour I never knew I needed?

I had a plan. But then, my cross-country road trip to my new duty station started with me getting dumped. Two seconds later, I got roped into bringing a family friend’s niece, Nikki, and her teenage daughter on the road with me.

To make matters worse, I’m aiding Nikki’s escape from her own wedding. The last thing I need after getting ditched by one flighty woman is to be stuck in the car with another one. Especially one who thinks I’m grumpy and rigid and too obsessed with keeping on schedule.

But despite the ball-of-sunshine act she’s putting on for her kid’s sake, there’s more to this story. And when I finally get it out of her, I realize this detour from my perfectly planned road trip is even more complicated than I feared.

And now, no matter what it costs me, I’ll stop at nothing to protect them.

My Review: 5 Stars

Oh my heart! Where do I even begin to tell you how much I loved this book?! First. This book is absolute perfection! Second. This book is absolute perfection! Third. Did I mention this book is absolute perfection?! Well, in my opinion, it is! Gah! You guys! This is the kind of book I have been craving all year! They have been few and far between for me so I found myself treasuring every single moment of this epic cross-country road trip! 

To say that opposites attract would be an understatement when it comes to Nikki and Nate. She's Little Miss Sunshine, he's Mr. Grumpy. She's spontaneous, he's all about plans. She's got all the words, he's a man of very few words. She's outgoing, he's reserved. One would probably think that these two wouldn't work, but they would be wrong. Their journey from strangers, to friends, to happily ever after helped them discover that perfect balance that is needed in a relationship. And oh what a beautiful journey it was! I never wanted their book to end. It was phenomenal! 😍

It would be remiss of me if I didn't tell you how much I also adored Marigold. Y'all. That kid stole my heart the moment she mentioned she's all about "murder and mayhem... not trashy reality shows with all the people looking for love in mansions and on islands". I'll take The First 48 over reality TV any day of the week. Unless it's On Patrol: Live. That is definitely a reality show that I watch every single week! πŸ˜‚ But in all seriousness, this story wouldn't have been complete without Mari. Between her slang, her witty comebacks, her protective nature, and her unconditional love for her mom, I couldn't help but fall in love with her. She made the journey even better being at Nate and Nikki's side. Have I already mentioned that this book is perfection?

Beaufort has quickly become one of my favorite places filled with several of my favorite couples. I loved seeing and catching up with every single one of them. I also loved the surprise appearances from others. They had this girl doing a happy dance in her chair and clapping her hands. It was seriously the best! Oh! And that epilogue! Y'all! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ That is all. 

While I'm sad to be leaving Beaufort, I don't think this is goodbye. How can it be when Brett still needs his HEA? I cannot wait to see what Ms. Mastorakos has in store for him! Y'all. I have a feeling it's going to be another epic love story. And. I. Can. Not. Wait! 

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh* What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment