Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Payback by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

A mission from his past threatens his future.

A stalker has his sights set on art history teacher Ivy Monroe. Still recovering from a relationship with an abusive former boyfriend, she's determined to win this fight over fear and intimidation. No one has the right to cage her again. When Ivy is nearly killed, she takes refuge in the arms of the one man she trusts.

Elite Delta sniper Alex Morgan now trains bodyguards for Fortress Security. When his father is shot, the feds are convinced Alex is guilty of attempted murder. Determined to clear his name and find the shooter, he travels to Washington, D.C. with Ivy and his Delta unit.

He learns someone leaked information from one of Durango's missions and now he and his unit are targets. Worse, Ivy is in danger. Battling his family and the feds, Alex and his friends race the clock to unmask the shooter before he strikes again. When Ivy falls into the hands of the enemy, nothing will prevent Alex from saving the woman who owns his heart.

My Review: 5 Stars

Ivy Monroe moved to Otter Creek to get away from her abusive ex-boyfriend. But even though she's in a new city and he's in jail, she still lives in fear. She no longer trusts men and shrinks away when ever they are near.

While in protective custody with her cousin, Del, she meets Alex Morgan. She can't explain it but there is something different about him. He's calm, quiet, and fiercely protective of Ivy. He's the only man she feels comfortable around.

Alex knows that Ivy has been put through the wringer by her ex-boyfriend and now suffers from PTSD. While some look at her and see victim, he looks at her and sees a fighter, a survivor. He just needs to help his angel see what he sees.

Just when life is getting back on track and moving forward, Alex's past comes back to haunt them. A visit from the FBI has him going back to Washington, D.C. to a family who disowned him 15 years ago when he decided to join the military. Ivy refuses to let him face his past alone. She will stand by his side and will be his rock when he needs one the most.

But when the threat gets too close to Ivy and Durango, Alex will do everything in his power to keep everyone safe. For the first time in his life he has too much to live for and he refuses to let anyone stand in the way of his happiness and his happily ever after.

*dreamy sigh*

Oh my gosh! You guys! I absolutely LOVED this book! Alex and Ivy are my new favorites! I can't even begin to tell you how amazing they are! They have both been through SO much and if anyone deserves a HEA it's these two! They are perfect for each other! One of my favorite parts was the charm bracelet... super cute! And that proposal... *dreamy sigh* I'm not going to lie... I read that part 3 times! Haha.

I am so glad that I started this series! The books just keep getting better and better! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books. I'm also looking forward to reading the Fortress Security series. I'm definitely intrigued by all these side characters and their stories.

I'm so glad that I discovered Ms. Deel. I have been sucked in to every single one of her books I have read so far. Gotta love adding more authors to your go to list... ;)

Not going to lie... this casting was a bit tough! I had the hardest time trying to find Alex. What do you think?


Content: Mild violence. Talk of abuse. No swearing. Clean romance.. just swoony kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment