Sunday, July 4, 2021

Faceoff by Rebecca Connolly



Synopsis:

She isn’t supposed to want him. He isn’t supposed to want her. But wanting each other is inevitable.

Clint McCarthy has finally achieved his dream of playing for a professional hockey program, and is eager to make his mark with his new team. While getting settled in his new city, he happens across Bree Stone, whom he has known for years, with their respective brothers both being in the famed Belltown Six Pack. But for the life of him, he can’t remember Bree ever looking so attractive. Or being so captivating. Or taking over his every waking thought.

In the middle of her graduate degree, Bree has no time or desire for working on her dating life, or lack thereof, but the impossibly handsome Clint McCarthy coming back into her life makes everything complicated. She shouldn’t be focusing on him, or on them, not when her professional future hangs in the balance. But once she hears about Clint’s past with the Northbrook Hockey Elite program, and where that program stands now, Bree just might find a way to make her career, and a future with Clint, come to life.

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. I know absolutely nothing about hockey. I have never even watched a game. The closest I got was watching an episode of Leverage that featured a hockey team. But that didn't stop me from enjoying Faceoff.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that loves when a book can sweep you off your feet and give you that much needed break from reality. That's exactly what happened while reading this book. The friends to lovers trope is becoming one of my favorites. There's just something about that friendship turning into something more that has this girl letting out all the dreamy sighs. I may or may not have had one of those permagrins while reading. 

I adored Bree and Clint. Their fun, easy going vibe made it easy to relate to them. I enjoyed watching them strengthen their friendship before moving on to something more. I loved that they were willing to support each other in every detail of their lives. Big or small, they were there for each other. They did what ever it took to make sure they were both happy. And the chemistry between these two?! Off the charts from the very beginning. All I can say is... that first kiss?! WOWZERS!

Can we just take a minute to appreciate all the side characters?! Loved them! In my opinion they were the extra icing on the already perfectly iced cake. I can tell you that I will definitely be reading the Belltown Six Pack. And am I the only one that wants Penny to have her own book?! She would definitely be a fun one to read about! Haha.

Y'all believe it or not, this is my first book by Ms. Connolly and I can already tell you it won't be my last. I have no clue why I waited so long to read one of her books but I'm definitely glad that I did! I can't wait to read more by her. 

And of course I can't forget my casting! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment