Monday, July 26, 2021

Romance on the Reef by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

It’s pretty hard to stay away from her when she moves in right next door…

I’m the jokester of the group. I always have that one-liner that lightens the mood, even in the darkest of moments. It's just who I am. It's who I had to be. I lost my wife eleven years ago when I was on my first deployment, so now I’m just trying to keep things light.

And because of that, I refuse to put my heart out there again while I’m a Marine. It’s not worth the risk. What if I’m gone and she needs me? Nope. Screw that.

So when a beautiful single mom and her daughter move in next door, I’m going to fight that attraction tooth and nail. Good thing Maggie doesn’t want to be with me any more than I want to be with her. Her late husband was a Marine, too. And there’s no way she’ll let her daughter go through that again. Or herself.

But we run in the same group of friends and now we share a wall. It’s not going to be very easy to keep our distance.

And we need to.

It doesn’t matter that sparks fly whenever we’re together. It doesn’t matter that her daughter is just as much of a book-nerd as I am and we get along great. And it definitely doesn’t matter that the three of us are somehow turning into a family without meaning to.

Because we both know what it’s like to lose the one you love, and that old saying about how it's better to have loved and lost than not loved at all? We disagree.

My Review: 5 Stars

Dreamy sighs, swoons and all the heart eyes! Y'all. I just can't with this book! I have definitely found my new favorite in this series!

PJ has intrigued me from the very beginning. Between his witty one-liners and his grumpy façade, I have been dying to know what makes this man tick and see how that special someone would break through his ever present barriers. If you've been reading the series since the beginning, then you know PJ doesn't do warm and fuzzy. 

I have loved Maggie and Bree from the moment they were introduced in Promises at Pyramid Rock. These two were thrown the ultimate curveball but that hasn't stopped them from living their best life. The bond between this mother and daughter is beautiful and unbreakable. I was curious to see how the dynamics would change when that special someone came along. 

And this is where the dreamy sighs, swoons and heart eyes come in. 

I absolutely adore Maggie and PJ! Even though they are surrounded by some pretty amazing people, no one really sees them. No one except each other. I loved how in tuned they were with each other and how they seemed to know what needed to be said at the exact moment they needed to hear it. These two make the perfect team in life and in love. 

Y'all. I have to say... PJ has met his match in Bree. These two are absolutely adorable and they crack me up! She is full of sass and has no qualms firing back at PJ when he delivers one of his famous one-liners. I loved seeing their relationship develop. It was seriously the sweetest thing. I couldn't get enough of these three!

If you haven't guessed already, Ms. Mastorakos has another hit on her hands! And y'all, there's a reason why she's one of my favorite authors. I love how she can transport you into her books where you eat, sleep and breathe her characters stories. I know that when I start one of her books, I better have my schedule cleared because there is no way I'm stopping until I reach the end. I can't wait to get my hands on her next book baby! 

Now. Can we please take a minute to admire these two? I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment