Thursday, July 8, 2021

Crosscheck by Rebecca Connolly



Synopsis:

He’s a hard hitter, she’s a straight shooter. Can they stop the sparks from flying? Do they want to?

Zane Winchester is a beast on the ice, known for racking up penalties and delivering hard blows. No one would suspect the complicated nature of his personal life, or just what it entailed. And no one, not even him, would have suspected what one unexpected encounter with a remarkable woman would do to his life.

Mara Matthews is a regular woman with a regular job and a regular life. Then she meets the father of one of her little students, and regular becomes the last word to describe her life. Zane is intense, funny, charming, and drop dead gorgeous; he shouldn’t pay any attention to someone like her. But Zane isn’t giving up, and Mara doesn’t want him to.

My Review: 5 Stars

Ever since I started the Northbrook Elite series, I have been dying to read Zane's book. I was crossing my fingers that I would love it as much as the first book in the series. Y'all I'm happy to announce that I loved it more! It may be because the single parent trope is one of my favorites or it may be seeing a big, bad hockey player melt when it comes to his little girl. Either way I loved this book! 

I absolutely adored Mara, Zane and Hope! Seriously you guys.. they are amazing! Their love for each other is strong. They made it so easy for me to root for them from the very beginning. Hope was seriously the cutest! I loved how she had everyone wrapped around her finger. She definitely helped make this on a favorite of mine. And lets not forget all the swooniness going on. I. Was. Dying! WOWZERS! Once again, this girl was a big ol' puddle of goo. Y'all I never wanted their book to end. I finished it a couple of hours ago and I'm still playing out scenes I wish were in the book. Haha. And let me just tell you. That epilogue?! LOVED it! It was just what this girl needed! *dreamy sigh*

One of my favorite things about this series is that everyone seems down to earth, real and easy to relate to. The close friendship between them all is another added bonus and it really showed in one scene of this book. They don't even think twice about rallying around each other when one of them is in need of anything. They stand together like brothers. 

Another great addition to this series! I already know this will be one that I read over and over again. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. Crossing my fingers that the other books are just as good. 

Ms. Connolly really knows how to write a great contemporary. I've loved the ones I've read so far. I'm also looking forward to reading her regency books as well. Several of my bookish friends love them! 

And of course we can't forget my casting. I think this is the first time I haven't followed the descriptions to a tee. I'm not going to lie. I'm so not a fan of man buns! But if anyone can pull it off, it's him. *dreamy sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment