Sunday, July 18, 2021

More Than Second Chances by Sara Jane Woodley

 

Synopsis:

My life as an NFL quarterback was everything I thought I wanted... Married to a beautiful model, on the verge of winning a championship, and making more than enough money to look after my mom and grandpa.

It was perfect… until it wasn’t.

And now that everything’s falling apart, I’m returning to Aston Falls.

It’s been ten years since I’ve been back to my small, quirky hometown. Ten years since that fateful night when I told my best friend’s sister I loved her. Right before I left her.

I broke Grace’s heart that night, as well as my own. I had no choice.

When an accidental run-in forces us back into each other’s lives, I do my best to keep my distance… but I can’t.

Will Grace ever find a way to forgive me for what I did?

Because all I want is a second chance.

My Review: 5 Stars

There's no greater feeling than grabbing a book and being instantly swept away to a place where the world around you ceases to exist. These are books that I will treasure always.

From the very first page, I was transported to Aston Falls where I not only fell in love with Grace and Nicholas, but I fell in love with the entire town. Oh how I wish I could live there! Between Morning Bell Café, Sweets n' Sundaes, Sam's Sled Tours, the playground, the hiking trails, it had the perfect small town feel.

Grace and Nicholas quickly became favorites of mine. I loved how real they were. They were easy to relate to, loving, intelligent and were not afraid to let their vulnerable side show. Their journey from forgiveness, to friends, to more may have been a hard one, but it was absolutely beautiful.

Y'all. I loved every single minute of this book. I had the hardest time putting it down and found myself sneaking in reading time whenever I could. I was literally counting down the hours until my lunch break because I was dying to know what would happen next. I absolutely adored this book!

An amazing book always has amazing side characters and this one definitely had them. I loved getting to know Austin, Ella and JJ. They were always there when Grace or Nicholas needed them and would do anything to help them. I cannot wait to get my hands on Austin and Ella's story. I've already preordered that baby. August 31st can't get here soon enough! This is one of those times that I have to remind myself that writing actually does take some time.

This is my very first book by Ms. Woodley and I already know that it won't be my last. I am extremely excited to see what she has in store for us next!

And I am absolutely loving these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment