Monday, July 5, 2021

Poweplay by Heather B. Moore



Synopsis:

He’s ready to quit his pro-hockey career. She’s doing everything to keep her career afloat. And neither of them have time for distractions.

Jax Emerson, legendary forward for the Chicago Flyers, is ready to throw it all away when he uncovers the truth behind his NHL contract. The last thing he needs is more media attention, or his father to get involved in his contract, or a beautiful woman apologizing once again for an accident.

Meg Bailey didn’t think her life could get any worse, until it does. Time is running out before her business is forced to close. When Jax Emerson offers a solution, she knows that by accepting his help, she might be getting in too deep. And deep is not a place her heart is prepared to go.


My Review: 4.5 Stars

Confession. I was hesitant to read Powerplay. We learn in Faceoff that Jax comes from money. I'm not quiet when it comes to my dislike of billionaire books and my refusal to read them. I may or may not have searched for the word billionaire before starting this book. And yes, I can see some of you rolling your eyes at me right now. But I'm happy to say that once I started this book, I did not want to put it down. I had to bargain with myself to get certain things done in order to spend the rest of the day reading. 

From the moment we met Meg and Jax, I knew they were going to become favorites of mine. They were both independent and strong but were also vulnerable and easy to relate to. As for their witty banter and their chemistry? WOWZERS! Talk about sizzling and swoony! One can't help but have a silly permagrin on their face while letting out little dreamy sighs. It's hard not to root for these two and feel all the feels! 

One of my favorite parts of the book is seeing old friends and meeting new ones. No book is complete without amazing side characters. My only complaint is that the book just ended. Y'all, I hate that! I know I'm going to see them again in the other books but man! You can't leave me hanging like that. It's just mean! Haha. I will definitely be continuing on with these series. It's fun and giving me that much needed break from reality. 

It's been a few years since I've read a book by Ms. Moore, and I can't figure out why. I always love her books. I guess I better start catching up on them, eh? 

And I'm not going to lie. This casting was hard. Okay.. okay.. he was the hard one. Haha. But I love them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment