Sunday, February 27, 2022

Fated by K. M. Shea

 

Synopsis:

I thought I hated not fitting in. Turns out I hate having a target on my back even more.

Someone wants me taken out. To accomplish that, they leaked the secret of my magic to all the Packs in the Midwest. Now, almost every Alpha in the region has traveled to my hometown in hopes of convincing me to join their Pack.

And some of them don’t seem to think I should have a choice.

Greyson won’t stand for that—something he makes deadly clear to the other Alphas. What they don’t know is that I’m his long missing mate. But wolves and hunters are enemies, and my hunter magic blocks me from accepting the bond…even though I’m starting to wish I could.

Our incomplete mate bond is a constant drain on Greyson. Its existence puts him in danger—something he stubbornly ignores.

But as risky as our bond is, I have to stay focused on the biggest threat at the moment.

Whoever shared the secret of my powers wants to destroy our Pack. And we’re about to find out how far they’ll go to make that happen.

My Review: 3 Stars

Confession. I am probably going to be in the minority for this one but y'all. I struggled with getting through this book. I really, really wanted to love this book but I just ended up liking it. 

I hate to say it, but Pip went right back to being the annoying, frustrating heroine that she was through the majority the first book. However, just like in the first book, towards the end of this one, she started to redeem herself. But it felt like too little, too late for me. I had a hard time getting behind her when she was playing the "woe is me" character. It was depressing and wasn't a good look for her. 

And just like in the first book, Greyson is the only thing that kept me reading until the very end. There may or may not have been a few times that I was begging him to break the bond with Pip and move on. But alas. The heart wants what the heart wants. All I can say is the man is a freaking saint.

Other than Pip, there were a few reasons I struggled with this book. The first being, I called who the "bad guy" was before I even finished reading book 2. That whole storyline was a bit weak and kinda came out of nowhere. The second reason I struggled is because of all the repetitiveness throughout the entire series. I got so frustrated reading the same thing over and over and over again. It kinda felt like I was being beat over the head with the various aspects of the story. And finally the romance, or lack there of. Since this was the final book in the series, I was really hoping the romance would be there for the majority of the book. But nope. I feel gypped again. 

Like I said, I really wanted to love this book and love this series, but it just fell flat for me. And I know it's just my personal preferences. There's a reason Ms. Shea is so popular and successful. I would recommend her to all my bookish friends who love G rated romances. 

I am still loving these two for Pip and Greyson... *dreamy sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment