Sunday, February 13, 2022

Magic Forged by K.M. Shea

 

Synopsis:

I'm one scrappy wizard. As someone with barely a flicker of magic, I've spent my life being mocked and surviving fights with bullies. But when my parents die in an accident, and I find myself responsible for our whole wizard house and family, I know my usual tactics aren't going to cut it.

The situation veers from bad to catastrophic when my backstabbing cousin stages a coup and takes my family hostage. I barely manage to flee, but the only supernatural willing to help me is Killian Drake - the most feared vampire in the region, and a far more deadly villain than the jerk threatening my family.

Is Killian sexy and charismatic? Heck yeah.

He's also so powerful that my flight or fight instincts kick in every time our eyes meet. And he's definitely using me as his personal magic detector in his feud against the local fae.

But Killian is also the first person to believe I might have more than just a scrap of magic. And if I can convince him to train me, I might get strong enough to free my family and get my house back.

I'm not sure what happens when a scrappy wizard is taught how to fight by a hall of deadly vampires, but I'm about to find out.

My Review: 4 Stars

Confession. My readers soul has been so deprived of urban fantasy books that it's not ready to stop reading them! Although I am definitely missing the romance in these books! Lol.

From the moment I picked up this book, I had a hard time putting it down. I was quickly transported to Drake Hall where I was immersed into the mystery that was dogging the heels of the Drake Family.

Y'all. Hazel is fantastic! I love that she was full of sass and snark and could definitely hold her own against Killian. She's definitely an underdog and has been thrown some cheap shots her entire life, but that doesn't stop her from being a straight up good person who will always do what she feels is right. 

Killian isn't quite sure what to think of Hazel but she definitely intrigues him. She brings out a side in him that no one has seen in a long time, if ever. I will admit that I had a hard time connecting to Killian at first, but the more Hazel wormed her way into his life, the more I started to like him. These two definitely make a unique pair, but they work. 

It's been an extremely crazy and stressful week so immersing myself into the phenomenal world K.M. Shea has created is just what the doctor ordered. She definitely has me hooked. I can't wait to dive into book 2 in this series.

And of course we can't forget my casting, what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment