Saturday, February 26, 2022

Pretending I Love Lucy by Julie Christianson

 

Synopsis:

The first rule of being a winner? Never lose your heart …

People think it’s easy being Felix Dodd III. And sure the fortune, legacy, and inheritance aren’t exactly terrible. But the name comes with so many strings, my hands feel permanently tied.

Like I’m stuck following in my father’s footsteps. Like I can’t trust people’s intentions. Like my grandmother wants me settled down before my thirtieth birthday.

I’ve got less than zero interest in marriage, ever since my one attempt at love crashed and burned. But Grams won’t let me access my trust until I’m engaged. Which means I need a fiancée.

Someone who’s looking for quick cash and a quicker getaway.

Someone like Lucy Devlin.

She’s got less than zero interest in me. But if I can get her to play along—just long enough to fool my grandmother—Lucy will be a whole lot richer, Grams will be none the wiser, and I’ll stay heartbreak free.

Just as long as I remember the new rule: Don’t love Lucy for real.

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I have been dying to get my hands on this book for months! For five very long months! That's 13,046,400 seconds! And boy was it worth the wait! 😍

The moment I picked up this book, I was transported back to Apple Valley where I sat with Grams and immersed myself in all things Lucy and Fix. 

There's no pretending about it... I loved Lucy! She has got the kindest heart and is always putting others needs before her own. She has the hardest time telling anyone no and feels it's her responsibility to make sure her loved ones dreams come true. Even if that means keeping her dreams on the backburner. 

Fix was just as great as Lucy. He noticed right away how Lucy would do anything and everything for the people she loves. She was constantly taking care of them. But who was taking care of her? Y'all. This man is freaking amazing! He's what heroes are made of! 

I absolutely loved watching the relationship between Lucy and Fix develop from friends into something more. I'm not going to lie, it was painful at times and I wanted to shake some sense into both of them, but it was beautiful! I'm not afraid to admit that I cried some big, fat, happy tears! 

I seriously adore this series! It's definitely one of my favorites and one I'll be reading over and over again. If you guys haven't given this one a try yet, I highly recommend that you do! It's full of love and happiness with the perfect side of swooniness. 😍

There's a reason why Ms. Christianson is one of my favorite authors and this book is a perfect example. I can always count on her to make me laugh out loud, get teary-eyed, and let out little dreamy sighs while read her books. I'm in awe of her talent and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I love these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment