Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Inspired by Mindy by Remi Carrington


Synopsis:

My landlord is the hot Cowboy Chef. But I don’t care what he’s cooking up because I’m not interested.

Mindy
Jeffrey Carpenter might make other women swoon with a wink and a smile, but not me. I set boundaries from our very first meeting. He’s nicer than I expected, but heartaches after forty hurt worse, and I’m not going to risk opening my heart to a man with his reputation.

Renting his guest house makes things interesting and not just because I have a view of his pool where he swims almost every morning. Even in December.

When I try to prove how uninterested I am, I end up putting my foot in my mouth.
I’m pretty sure he hates me now.

Jeffrey
Shaking my bad boy image hasn’t been easy, but a man has to grow up sometime. And while I’ve earned many of the snide comments ladies have lobbed at me, insults about my cooking are undeserved.

Mindy can have her opinions, but they won’t change the way I do things.

Avoiding each other when possible, we settle in as frenemies, and all is well until we’re trapped together. Then things really get complicated.

Now more than my reputation as a chef is on the line.

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I have been dying for this book to be released! Had it not been a work night, I would've started it the moment it hit my Kindle and stayed up all night reading it. But alas, I had to be responsible and get some sleep. 😂

Jeffrey has intrigued me from the moment he was introduced in the series. I knew there was more to him than meets the eye. I also knew that it would have to be someone pretty amazing to capture his heart.

Enter Mindy. Y'all. The moment these two met, I knew Jeffrey was going to have to work for his HEA... and I was not disappointed! Mindy not only challenged him, but she inspired him and made him want to not only do better, but be better.

I loved watching these two go from "enemies", to friends, to something more. Their path to HEA was beautiful and I couldn't keep that goofy grin off my face. These two are amazing! And definitely one of my favorite couples in this series. They're absolutely perfect for each other.

While I loved seeing and catching up with old friends, I loved meeting new ones! Stephanie is seriously the best! I cannot wait to get my hands on hers and Blake's story! 😍

As stated in other reviews of Ms. Carrington's books, the bonus epilogues are my absolute favorite! I think it should be a thing for all authors.. 😉 But I digress. Out of all the bonus epilogues in this series, I think this one is my absolute favorite! I've been dying for this to happen! 💗

If you guys haven't read any of Ms. Carrington's books, then you are seriously missing out! I can always count on her to make me bust out laughing, let out all the little dreamy sighs, and wanting to spend the day reading rather than adulting. Her books are the perfect breaks from reality.

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh*. I absolutely adore these two! What do you think?
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment