Thursday, February 10, 2022

Hunted by K.M. Shea

 

Synopsis:

Ever feel like you don’t belong?

Try being a hunter living with werewolves. I’m the definition of “doesn’t fit in”. I’m not Pack, but I’m not the enemy, either.

I struggle to survive among werewolves who are stronger and faster than me, and are competitive enough to break a bone or two for the sake of “fun.”

Greyson, their alpha, is the worst of them all.

Blatantly relentless and twice as deadly, Greyson rules the Pack and expands its territory even though it’s already the largest in the region. I just wish he’d stop interfering with my life. He’s got enough trouble of his own with his incomplete mate bond, but he’s made it his hobby to tease and test me at every opportunity.

Doesn’t my life sound fun?

When wolves from surrounding packs start mindlessly attacking the innocent humans in our city, Timber Ridge, everything changes.

Werewolves don’t turn feral without reason. Which means someone is making this happen, and they’re targeting our Pack.

I don’t like where this is going, but how am I supposed to stop a feral wolf outbreak when I’m just one hunter? Can Greyson and I set aside our differences to see the Pack through this?

My Review: 3.5 Stars

Confession. I absolutely love werewolf books! Like LOVE them! Sadly it's so hard to find good clean ones and that frustrates me. So much so, that I may or may not have asked authors in the past if they would ever consider writing one because I need werewolf books! 😂

I have a bookish friend who loves them just as much as I do! So when she reached out telling that I had to read a certain werewolf book, it was a no brainer! I had to read it!

Pip is a Hunter who was orphaned at the age of 12. When none of the other Hunter families would take her in, she was adopted into the Northern Lakes Pack. As she grew older, she didn't feel like she belonged. Not that the Pack wasn't welcoming, because they were. She just couldn't find her place.

It's no secret that Pip doesn't like Greyson. She's a bit bitter when he was brought in to replace the original Alpha who welcomed her into their Pack. While she doesn't go out of her way to be rude and disrespectful to Greyson, she has no qualms in needling him whenever she can. It was kinda funny at times. 

I’m not going to lie, I struggled getting into the book. I had the hardest time connecting to Pip. While she did grow on me, I wasn't her biggest fan. Greyson, on the other hand, I loved from the beginning. It was clear he didn't feel the same way about her that she did about him. He was always there whenever she, or any of the Pack, needed him. He was the best!

PSA for all of those who are all about the romance. I honestly wouldn't consider this a romance. Some readers may disagree with me but there was like zero romance. I may or may not be a bit bitter that we didn't get any kissing. Y'all know how much I love me some swoony kisses! I don't have any hope that there will be kisses in book 2 but I'm still going to read it anyway. Lol.

As for my casting, I'm loving these two! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment