Saturday, February 12, 2022

Hidden Gems


Welcome to Hidden Gems hosted by KJ's Book Nook! Once a month I'll feature a new to me author that I've discovered and fell in love with their books. I'll share the author's bio, one of my favorite books of theirs and a review.

For this month's Hidden Gems I am going to choose...


Remi Carrington is the figment of Pamela Humphrey's imagination. She loves romance & chocolate, enjoys disappearing into a delicious book, and considers people-watching a sport. She was born in the pages of the novel Just You and then grew into an alter ego.

She writes sweet romance set in Texas. Her books are part of the Phrey Press imprint.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anyone want to take a guess on how I discovered Remi Carrington? If you guessed I found her while searching for small town romances then you are correct! I adore small town romances! I will live in a small town one day. 😉

The moment I saw the cover of Three Things I'd Never Do, I just had to check it out. I hadn't even finished the first chapter before I was downloading the rest of the books in the Never Say Never series. I absolutely ADORE this series! I had the hardest time choosing which book to feature but finally decided on Two Risks I'd Never Take Again. Y'all. This series is a MUST read!


Picking up a stranger off the side of the road is risky. Falling in love with him is . . . not going to happen. Probably.

My life is all doughnuts and sprinkles, and I can’t lie to save my life.

None of that is a problem until I find a man beaten up on the side of the road. In the dark. In the rain. And even though I promised I’d never again pick up a stranger, I load him into my car—not an easy task—and drive him to a hospital. I couldn’t just leave him there.

That’s how I end up spending a week in a luxurious house, soaking in a hot tub, gazing at the stars, and playing nurse to Garrett. Besides the bandages and bruises, it’s a recipe for romance.

Except I want no part in anything romantic. Dating will land my heart on the butchering slab, and I refuse be hurt again.

He’s interested. I wish I could lie and say I’m not.

Instead, I suggest we just stay friends. What’s the risk in that?

You can check out my review here.

Happy reading my fellow Book Dragons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment