Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Two Risks I'd Never Take Again by Remi Carrington

 

Synopsis:

Picking up a stranger off the side of the road is risky. Falling in love with him is . . . not going to happen. Probably.

My life is all doughnuts and sprinkles, and I can’t lie to save my life.

None of that is a problem until I find a man beaten up on the side of the road. In the dark. In the rain. And even though I promised I’d never again pick up a stranger, I load him into my car—not an easy task—and drive him to a hospital. I couldn’t just leave him there.

That’s how I end up spending a week in a luxurious house, soaking in a hot tub, gazing at the stars, and playing nurse to Garrett. Besides the bandages and bruises, it’s a recipe for romance.

Except I want no part in anything romantic. Dating will land my heart on the butchering slab, and I refuse be hurt again.

He’s interested. I wish I could lie and say I’m not.

Instead, I suggest we just stay friends. What’s the risk in that?

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all... I am so sad right now! I know they say all good things must come to an end but I'm just not ready for the Never Say Never series to end! I'm already going through withdrawals. 😭

Guys! I don't want to write my review. Why? Because if I write my review then it makes all of this final and I'm not okay with that! But alas... I can't leave this amazing book without a review! That would be very un-KJ of me! 😂 Okay. Here goes... 

Tessa struggles with things that happened in the past and because of it she has a hard time seeing her true self. I feel her pain on this one... literally. My heart broke for her because having to face and overcome her fears sucked. She holds back because she never wants to go through that again. 

Garrett is seriously amazing! He quickly realizes why she's holding back and respects her decision. However, that doesn't stop him from being the best freaking hero ever! He's so patient and loving towards her. He allows her to go at her own pace and does everything in his power to help her face her fears.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved Tessa and Garrett. These two quickly stole my heart. I loved getting to know them better and watching them get their HEA. This book definitely pulls at the heartstrings. I laughed, got teary eyed, and swooned like there was no tomorrow. I found myself savoring every minute I read and cursed as I got further and further into the book. I really did NOT want it to end!

I will say that there's a special treat at the end in the epilogue. It was seriously the BEST way to end the series! But I AM hoping a few of the characters in this series get their own books. Crossing my fingers for a spinoff series! 😉

Y'all. It's no secret that I love this series! And this series is why I've added another favorite and auto-buy author to my list. I have adored all the books I've read by Ms. Carrington and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

And of course we can't forget my casting. Y'all. Be still my little heart! I love these two! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment