Sunday, March 20, 2022

Security Breach by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

On the run for more than a year, Emma Tucker narrowly escapes another attempt on her life. When the U.S. Marshals fail to keep her safe, Emma turns to the most dangerous man she knows, a Navy SEAL who stole her heart before a serial killer murdered her family.

After Sheriff David learns the woman he adores is the target of a vicious killer, he’s determined to free Emma from the threat and resume his campaign to win her heart. When they fall into the hands of the enemy, David’s skill and experience might not be enough to help them survive the killer’s trap.

My Review: 5 Stars

Hello new series! Maple Valley features the Montgomery brothers who made their appearance in SEAL's Promise. Five single brothers, all former military and all apart of the Sheriff's department in the small town of Maple Valley? Wouldn't you be screaming for a new series?! I know I was! But y'all... 

What in the world just happened?! Holy crow Batman! Talk about intense and on the edge of my seat! Every time I went to put the book down to get a few things done, something happened in the book to make me keep reading. I was just about to put my book down for the night and finish it in the morning when all of the sudden... PLOT TWIST! After that, sleep was the last thing on my mind. I just HAD to know what happened!

I'm sure everyone knows by now that small town, second chance romances are one of my all time favorites. This one did not disappoint. Emma knew, and David hoped, they would be reunited again. I really enjoyed getting to know Emma and David and watching them rekindle their relationship. You could tell from the very beginning that the time they spent apart only made their feelings for each other grow stronger. I loved that they both did everything in their power to not only take care of each other, but protect and love each other fiercely. They're definitely some of my favorite characters. 

And speaking of favorite characters... I loved seeing old friends from both the Fortress Security and Otter Creek series! I think that's one of the things I love most about Ms. Deel's books. We always get to see characters from her previous books. I love seeing how their HEA's continue. I also loved the setups for more books in the Maple Valley series. I can't wait to read them! But I'm secretly hoping that we'll get Rafe's book next. I have been dying for his book!

Ms. Deel knocked this one out of the park! It's definitely one of my favorite books of hers and I'll be rereading it many, many times. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting, it was a bit hard with no descriptions so this one was all me. What do you think? Personally, I love them! Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment