Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Don't Let Go by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

An early morning break-in thrusts bakery owner Zoe Lockhart into the center of a crime spree. As the assaults escalate, she turns to a man with lethal skills who longs to shield her from danger. But when Zoe is kidnapped, she fears that the adversary's quest for revenge will destroy her chance for a life with the man she adores.

After months of quietly working his way into a certain baker's life, Fortress Security operative Simon Murray is ready to kick his pursuit of the woman of his dreams into high gear. But before he makes his move, Zoe is attacked and Simon assumes the role of bodyguard as he searches for the guilty culprit. When Zoe falls into enemy hands, Simon will risk everything to save the woman he loves. This time, however, Simon's training may not be enough to thwart a plan for final retribution.

My Review: 4 Stars

Zoe Lockhart has had her eye on Simon Murray since he arrived in Otter Creek. From the moment she laid eyes on the handsome operative, all other men ceased to exist. After several months of getting to know Simon, she's more than ready for him to ask her out. If he doesn't do it soon, she might have to take matters into her own hands.  

Simon Murray is more than ready to finally pursue the woman of his dreams. He knows that if he doesn't make his move soon, some other man might steal the beautiful Zoe away from him. Determined to make his intentions known, Simon shows up at her bakery only to see someone running away from it and then hearing a vehicle racing away.

After discovering that Zoe has been attacked, Simon goes into protective mode. He doesn't know who would want to hurt Zoe or why, but he's determined to find out. But when Simon hears of other attacks and murders, he has to wonder if it's him or Zoe the perpetrator is after. 

Determined to keep everyone in their lives safe, Bravo will need to enlist the help of other Fortress Security teams to keep their families safe while they go on the hunt for the person responsible for the latest crime spree in Otter Creek. 

With everything that has happened, Simon can only hope and pray that Zoe doesn't decide that his life is too much to handle and runs far away from him. But he needn't worry too much. Zoe is just as far gone as he is. They need to work together to find the person messing with their lives and bring them down so they can move forward to their HEA.  

Holy. Wow! You guys! Talk about fast paced and action pact! Once I started this book, I had an extremely hard time putting it down! I kept telling myself just one more chapter... just one more chapter. Needless to say, I stayed up way too late and woke up way too early just so I could get in as much reading time as possible. I absolutely adored Zoe and Simon! Their story is definitely one of my favorites! It's so good! 

So... y'all know how much I LOVE Ms. Deel's books and I hate to say anything negative about them. But I've noticed that there are several inconsistencies and grammatical errors throughout most of her books. A lot of these should have been caught by her beta readers/proof readers. It's getting to be a bit distracting for me. One of the inconsistencies that seems to happen in a lot of her books are the "I love yous". Their first "I love you" seems to happen twice. Once midway through the book and again at the end because the first one is forgotten. It gets frustrating when it happens all. the. time. Had the inconsistencies and grammatical errors been fewer, I would've definitely given this book 5 stars. 

With that being said, I'm still loving both of her series! I am always looking for the next book to be released. I kid you not, I have been stalking Amazon for the last two weeks looking for this book. The one day I don't look, I get an email while out on my walk saying she has a new release. Let's just say my walk was cut short that day and I made a really quick dinner so I could dive back in to Otter Creek. It's always a fun place to visit! 

When people ask me who some of my favorite authors are, Ms. Deel is definitely mentioned to them. She has a way of grabbing me and not letting me go until I have finished the book. I am definitely looking forward to her next book baby!

And of course no review of mine is complete without a casting. What do you think?!

2 Comments:

  1. I'm going to read the book solely because of your casting! I love him as Oliver Queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen Amell is gorgeous! I love him! 😍

      Delete