Saturday, March 12, 2022

Hidden Gems


Welcome to Hidden Gems hosted by KJ's Book Nook! Once a month I'll feature a new to me author that I've discovered and fell in love with their books. I'll share the author's bio, one of my favorite books of theirs and a review.

For this month's Hidden Gems I am going to choose...


Trish LeBaron is a studious writer and bookish tea-drinker. She’s also a Storymakers First Chapter award winner having placed in 2017, 2018, and 2019. In 2020, her short story, The Weaver’s Tale, was published as the overall winner of a Utah anthology. When she’s not attending writerly conferences to sharpen her storycraft skills or enjoying a book while eating chocolate hand over fist, she can be found biking trails with her three kiddos and helping her pastry chef husband perfect sourdough.

Trish lives in a happy valley and has exactly zero pets.

Learn more about Trish and her debut novel, Magic in the Mix, by visiting MoonriseCoveBooks.com. You can also connect with her more directly by following her handle @writeawaytrish on Instagram.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Y'all. I love food fiction! Like LOVE it! I also love urban fantasy. So imagine my surprise and utter delight when I discovered an author who wrote an urban fantasy food fiction romance. I. Was. In. Heaven! I quickly fell in love Moonrise Cove and, if this was a real place, I'd be packing my bags and moving there! I also fell in love with all the yummy deliciousness of this book! And I'm not just talking about the Hunky-Chunky chocolate cupcake. 😉 Y'all. I WILL recreate that baby one of these days. If you are a lover of food fiction and/or urban fantasy then I highly recommend grabbing this book! It's another MUST read! 😍 


Pastry Chef Lucy Crowthorne has no room for romance in her life. Running her bakery, making trendy pastries, and mixing potions takes up all the space on her proverbial plate. Using her craft to spread good vibes in her secret magical community is both fun and keeps her focused—until a tall, dark-eyed, and extremely distracting someone begins poking his nose around her kitchen.

Food columnist Devin Dawson can’t ignore his inbox any longer. Loyal customers of Pastries and Potions want foodie magazine PastryLit to get the scoop on this young baker and her desserts that are wowing the Oregon coast. He checks out the pastry shop and can’t deny her mousse cakes and caramel bars are worth repeat visits. But it’s the pastry chef behind the bakery case that he’s having undeniable cravings for.

Lucy’s been burned in the past, figuratively of course. Revealing her magical identity to her ex-boyfriend was her worst adulting decision ever and led to the “Clint Catastrophe” her family won’t let her forget. Now let’s be clear, Devin Dawson is nothing like Clint. So why can’t Lucy shake the feeling that if Devin discovers her secret it will lead to catastrophic heartache?

You can check out my review here.

Happy reading my fellow Book Dragons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment