Saturday, March 19, 2022

Never Marry a Marquess by Regina Scott


Synopsis: 

Shy Ivy Bateman has always felt more comfortable behind the scenes than front and center. She is happiest caring for her family and baking sweet treats. She certainly never expected the wealthy Marquess of Kendall to propose marriage, especially a marriage of convenience. It seems his baby daughter needs a mother, and Ivy cannot deny the attraction of the role, or the attraction she feels for the handsome marquess.

Kendall had asked Miss Thorn of the Fortune Employment Agency to find him a particular sort of lady. His heart went to the grave with his first wife. Now, all he cares about is ensuring his frail daughter doesn’t follow it. Installing Ivy Bateman as his next marchioness will not disrupt his life or make him question his love for his dead wife. But as he comes to appreciate Ivy’s sweet nature, he begins to wonder about their future. When an old enemy strikes at Miss Thorn and all her ladies, a grieving lord and a shy lady must work together to save the day. In doing so, they might just discover that love, and a good cinnamon bun, can heal all wounds.

My Review: 4.5 Stars

*Note to self* Do NOT read the last book in the series first. You might get confused. But did that stop me from reading? Nope! I started it last night and finished it this morning. But in my defense, I was in the mood for a regency marriage of convenience romance. Add a single parent into the mix, and I am hooked! There was no turning back for this Book Dragon.

From the moment Ivy was first introduced, I found myself rooting for her. She had the kindest heart and the sweetest disposition. There's no doubt that she's shy but she's very passionate and protective when it comes to the people she loves. I loved how she took charge the moment she was introduced to Lady Sophia. She was just who that sweet baby needed. 

I really enjoyed watching the relationship between Ivy and Kendall develop. I knew he was a goner from the very beginning. You can't help but fall in love with Ivy. I also enjoyed watching the relationship develop between Kendall and Sophia. Watching him take an active roll in his daughter's life was very endearing. And watching them become a family was icing on the cake. I love HEA's! 

I will definitely be checking out the other books in this series. I'm more than intrigued to read the other characters stories. Part of me wishes I would have started from the beginning but this book just called to me and I couldn't say no!

I have read a few of Ms. Scott's older books and I'm looking forward to checking out her newer ones. It's going to be fun to catch up on her books!

As for my casting, I'm not going to lie, this one was kind of hard to find. But I love them. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment